PDA

View Full Version : A little help

Canadbis
11-21-2007, 08:00 PM
So over the last week I have been siphoning out little red bugs. Flat worms are what I found them to be, and on sunday I did a dose of Flat worm exit. Man that stuff works as good as an H-bomb, As they were dieing I siphoned out the dead bodies and the cobweb looking things that they left behind. I watched carefully and after about 3 hours I noticed non of my coral were opening up so I proceeded to do a 30% water change and again watch. Monday I took the afternoon of to do a little more maint as I wanted the rest of these darn things out. When I went to bed last night everything was going fine. All fish were eating, the crabs and shrimp were doing their thing, corals and such looked good, but this morning I woke up to my Yellow tang dead. :(
Do you think it was from the flat worms? I am at work now so there is no way I can get home to do a water change or even checkon them.
I need some Ideas, anything that you think would help fix things or understand what I did wrong, or need to still do.

fencer
11-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Did you run carbon?

MikeP
11-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Maybe the stress of everthing just caught up with him? How do the rest of the fish look?

Canadbis
11-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Yes and I still am running carbon, it will be removed tonight.

Everyone else looks fine, as of this morning, haven't checked them since.
When I went to bed last night everything/one was fine

Canadbis
11-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Everyone looked good lastnight and this morning. Stress from something I guess, if it was poisoned I would think other things would have died with it.

Der_Iron_Chef
11-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Some fish are definitely more resilient than others, and I've found the yellow tangs to be less resilient than most. Just my own personal experience.