PDA

View Full Version : anywhere around town w/ good deals on snails?

spikehs
11-20-2007, 02:01 AM
I've realized that I have very few snail sin my tank at the moment and want to replenish my stock. Don't particularly care what kinda, as long as they can flip themselves over. I know Elite Aquatics had a 50 for 50 deal on some kinda of snail.... not sure if thats going on anymore.

Der_Iron_Chef
11-20-2007, 03:50 AM
I think it is. Or I'm sure he'd give you the deal if you asked for it! I was just in tonight and he appears to have tons of little ones (not sure what kind...astrea?)

i have crabs
11-20-2007, 01:05 PM
i just moved my tank into my basement this week and i realized i only have about 6 snails in a 150g, so im thinkin about tryin to order a big batch of margaritia's from jl or golds mabey

MikeP
11-20-2007, 04:35 PM
I bought some black nassarius snails from Elite on the 50 for 50 deal. They are in the sand most of the day but there is usually a dozen or so on the glass at any given time. At lights out or when I feed the fish they start to pop out of the sand in herds though :) (they also have no trouble flipping themselves over if need be)

kwirky
11-20-2007, 04:36 PM
I like trochus snails cuz they seem to eat as much algae as a turbo snail at 25% of the size. I've only been able to find 'em at gold's and they don't last long when they have them. $2.50 a piece but maybe they'll cut a deal for a large quantity?

digital-audiophile
11-20-2007, 04:43 PM
I'll be glad when Albert gets his invert sytem up and running. Calgary sucks for "clean-up" crews. Big Al's used to be the best for them until they closed. Maybe when they re-open in December they will do a decent job of bringing them in.

FlamesFan
11-20-2007, 11:49 PM
speaking of big als, where is the new store going to be locateD?

kwirky
11-20-2007, 11:58 PM
yeah I'm anxious about albert's invert system too. If somone in calgary could stock a cool assortment of inverts it'd totally be possible to have a fishless tank without the ordinary stuff we see every day in the LFS's

digital-audiophile
11-21-2007, 01:29 AM
speaking of big als, where is the new store going to be locateD?

Up on 32nd ave right by PM Hobby craft.

2020 32nd Ave. N.E.

http://www.bigalscanada.com/storelocations/storemap.htm

Zylumn
11-21-2007, 01:39 AM
I bought some black nassarius snails from Elite on the 50 for 50 deal. They are in the sand most of the day but there is usually a dozen or so on the glass at any given time. At lights out or when I feed the fish they start to pop out of the sand in herds though :) (they also have no trouble flipping themselves over if need be)

I bought the same ones, little black ones. They are the hardest working snails I have ever owned. You do need sand though and when you feed it is amazing watching them pop up. These are the only snails that I can keep around. It seemed I was always replacing every other kind.
Kevin

kwirky
11-21-2007, 02:12 AM
Up on 32nd ave right by PM Hobby craft.

2020 32nd Ave. N.E.

http://www.bigalscanada.com/storelocations/storemap.htm

oh great... right next to memory express. I'll have to make sure I don't bring my debit card if I ever go to that building lol

AndyL
11-24-2007, 12:52 AM
ah crap... I'll be driving by 4-5 times a day... This is not good...

Must be going into that space where Golftown was when the roof caved.