PDA

View Full Version : *Sigh*

marie
11-18-2007, 09:30 PM
I haven't had my new potters angel 24hrs yet and I have already discovered it's an sps nipper :twised: . At least I know hes eating :lol:

Oh well, it will be in good company with the regal angel and hopefully my corals will grow faster then they can be eaten

Delphinus
11-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Bummer, sorry to hear that. I've never observed my potters to nip at SPS. Although I can't keep SPS at the moment. Hmmmmmm. Although I'm reasonably certain the potter's isn't to blame .. but still, geez it seems like an awful coincidence. :)

Maybe she's just sampling, and once accustomed to the good stuff (ie. whatever you feed them :), will prefer that over the SPS.

Der_Iron_Chef
11-18-2007, 10:55 PM
But darn....they sure are purty!

marie
11-18-2007, 11:11 PM
I can live with it, after all I still have my regal angel. I am also hoping to try and pair them up by getting another one.

I must be a sucker for punishment :lol:

Chin_Lee
11-19-2007, 12:04 AM
sorry marie. I forgot to mention to you that your potter was returned by another customer who lost their entire sps collection to it. :twised:

:mrgreen: just kidding :mrgreen:

regardless sorry to hear. :sad:

marie
11-19-2007, 01:51 AM
sorry marie. I forgot to mention to you that your potter was returned by another customer who lost their entire sps collection to it. :twised:

:mrgreen: just kidding :mrgreen:

regardless sorry to hear. :sad:

:rofl: , actually I don't mind.
Now that i have risen to the challenge of keeping sps I am finding my interests going back to the fish again. The sps will survive...or not :mrgreen:

Scavenger
11-19-2007, 02:10 AM
hey Marie,

If you have uncounted hours to sit in front of your tank..................................... :) you may find this helps.
I had a coral beauty that was a nipper too. I used to sit on my couch in front of tank with a broom and every time the angel went to nip, I'd tap the glass. It took a week or so, but the fish learned. Freaked out the other fish though.

Just a thought.

marie
11-19-2007, 02:13 AM
hey Marie,

If you have uncounted hours to sit in front of your tank..................................... :) you may find this helps.
I had a coral beauty that was a nipper too. I used to sit on my couch in front of tank with a broom and every time the angel went to nip, I'd tap the glass. It took a week or so, but the fish learned. Freaked out the other fish though.

Just a thought.

I tried something like that with the regal angel. Now she justs thumbs her nose at me and carries on

michika
11-19-2007, 02:20 AM
At least this way you don't have your put your hand in your tank as often to prune, your fish will do it for you!

tang daddy
11-19-2007, 08:59 PM
hey Marie,

Just a thought.

good idea although werent you worried that such frequent taps would lead to water all over the ground?

hehe jk

marie
11-23-2007, 10:52 PM
My potters is eating flake food http://planetsmilies.net/cool-smiley-8942.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-23-2007, 11:44 PM
Great Marie. Hopefully, now that it is eating regularly, it will slow down or stop nipping.