PDA

View Full Version : Moving Question

Electric eel
11-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Hello everyone,
I will be moving in November. I have a 70 gal tank. I am looking for some advise on moving my tank. I have alot of LR with Items attached such as Kenya tree, green hair mushrooms etc. All the rock will have to come out. Do I have to keep the items attached to the LR completely immersed in water? The new location is only about 10 min drive. All advise for the move would be greatly!! appreciated.

michika
11-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Yes, you should keep everything submerged.

Plan to dismantle the tank, and put everything in water. Then move everything to your new place, and set it up. You probably want to have extra fresh salt water on hand. You also may want to airate the buckets with fish in them, and possibly use heaters as well.

Aquattro
11-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Just as an alternate view, I moved my 70g by draining all the water into 5g jugs (kept it all) and carried the tank with all the contents exposed. Worked great, stuff was out of water about 30 minutes, setup at new place and put the water back.

Electric eel
11-06-2007, 11:54 PM
I would imagine that you took the fish out LOL. Did you have mushrooms and kenya trees, colt coral, toad stool leather ,polops?

Gools
11-06-2007, 11:55 PM
I moved from Winnipeg to Vernon. Brought over 150lbs of Live rock, and about 30 sps. If your only going to be going 10 min, they don't ned to be submerged, as long as they will be setup with in a few hours of the move. When I moved I expected to have a huge die off, and actually was hoping to get rid of som stuff, but the spray bar I built kept everything happy and healthy.

Aquattro
11-07-2007, 03:17 AM
I would imagine that you took the fish out LOL.

Actually, no. I left enough water to keep them wet. They were back to normal within 30 minutes of filling the tank. No leathers, mostly SPS.