PDA

View Full Version : Wrasse Behaviour

Blue Ram
11-05-2007, 06:44 PM
I put a new Christmas wrasse in my tank late Friday night (1 a.m.). Was very actively swimming and eating Saturday and Sunday morning. Did a water change Sunday before noon and was muking about in the tank (rearranging corals, etc.) haven't seen the wrasse since. Tank is not that big (34 gal cube) but with lots of rock. I don't think he carpet surfed - no evidence. No sign of him last night when I fed the other fish. Guess I'll have to wait and see - that's one thing that sucks about reef tanks. So many places to hide and near impossible to find it unless I tear down the tank!!

Buddyboy
11-05-2007, 10:32 PM
According to Marine Center: "It will usually remain buried for a day or two when first introduced to the aquarium. It can be housed with a wide-range of fish species, although be sure not to house it with any fish that may pick on it, particularly initially as Halichoeres sp cannot tolerate any harassment, particularly initially. Can do great in the right environment."

Maybe the tank rearrangement scared him into the sand. I hope you see him soon though! They are lovely fish. Also, if you could let us know if he is reef safe! :p What kind of a cleanup crew do you have in the tank?

Blue Ram
11-06-2007, 02:42 PM
No sign of it last night. Cleanup crew is scarlett & blue legged hermit crabs, peppermint & fire shrimp.