PDA

View Full Version : Storing livestock from LFS in a car

likwid
11-05-2007, 03:43 AM
Hey guys,

I will be coming into the city for a hockey game and would like to pick up some livestock, but must store it in the car for a few hours while I am at the game. It is supposed to be fairly cold outside, so I was wondering if the livestock will be alright in this period, or if I need to wrap the bags in a blanket, or put in an insulated cooler, etc..

Aquattro
11-05-2007, 04:02 AM
I'd at least use a cooler. Maybe see if the store has those heat pads for sale.

Veng68
11-05-2007, 04:03 AM
how cold? Maybe a cooler with a heat pack in it?

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

michika
11-05-2007, 04:03 AM
I would try and pick up your items at the end of your trip. Even if they are in a blanket and a cooler it might not be enough. You may want to consider a heat pack or two.

AndyL
11-05-2007, 04:17 AM
make friends with a local - offer beer in exchange for floating goods until you're ready to leave :D

hillbillyreefer
11-06-2007, 03:11 AM
I'm going to do the same thing Friday. I've got a styro cooler and bought a bunch of heat packs at Wally. The packs were about a buck and a half each, very affordable. They are in the sporting goods section. Hope it works, critters will be in the cooler for about 8 hours before they get home.

Samw
11-06-2007, 04:43 AM
What's the temperature in the rink? If not too cold, you could bring it in.

banditpowdercoat
11-06-2007, 01:01 PM
What's the temperature in the rink? If not too cold, you could bring it in.

LOL, I can see it now, guy standing at ticket counter.....
"Ya, me and my fish want to see the game please"
"Thats right, my fish"
"Well, my Fish hasn't seen a hockey game before, thats why"!

kwirky
11-06-2007, 04:55 PM
are you coming to calgary? If you're buying from Gold's i'm not too far away from there. About 5-10 minutes north up 68th street from there. send me a pm telling me the details of when and what you would need stored and we could maybe work something out.

likwid
11-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the offers and advice guys, I won't be heading to Golds, but I am going to try the heatpack and styro container idea. Its just for a few inverts, no fish, so it should be alright.

Zylumn
11-06-2007, 06:07 PM
LOL, I can see it now, guy standing at ticket counter.....
"Ya, me and my fish want to see the game please"
"Thats right, my fish"
"Well, my Fish hasn't seen a hockey game before, thats why"!

1)So they are playing Detroit No its not an Octopus its a fish.

2) Without looking up the Guy at ticket counter says " Howdy miss would you like a ticket"

3) It's actually a mascot a Calgary Flame Angel!!!

4) Could you point me in the direction of some Wasabi??

LOL

hillbillyreefer
11-06-2007, 08:03 PM
I got an order of peppermints, nassarius snales and hermits sent out in October on the bus. The temp in the styro container was 55 f when I opened it. Everything was groggy, I warmed them slowly over about 8 hours spent another couple dripping water and everything is alive and well today. I wonder if the lower temps slowed them down and created less stress during the trip? Hope all works out for you.

surgeonfish
11-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Mike
I was going to call you. I just ordered some corals from J&L. Should arrive Saturday. If you want you can add to my order. I could keep them in my quarantine tank if you are not around Saturday. Let me know if you are interested.
Shane

Shipwreck
11-06-2007, 08:26 PM
With the heat packs I would ask the LFS how many to put in a box. To many may raise the temp to high and cause bigger problems then the cool water.

banditpowdercoat
11-06-2007, 11:10 PM
1)So they are playing Detroit No its not an Octopus its a fish.

2) Without looking up the Guy at ticket counter says " Howdy miss would you like a ticket"

3) It's actually a mascot a Calgary Flame Angel!!!

4) Could you point me in the direction of some Wasabi??

LOL

LOL, #4 is helarious