PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Macro algae shipped to Lethbridge

likwid
11-04-2007, 04:21 AM
Hey guys,

I am looking for some macro algae for my refugium.. Currently I have some red macro, not sure what it is called, but it does not grow much and I would like to try some chaeto and other kinds if possible. I am in Lethbridge, and there is non available here, and I will not be in Calgary for a while, so it would be great if someone could just ship it in an envelope. It takes one day to ship here using the cheapest shipping method, so it should be fine.

Thanks

likwid
11-05-2007, 03:43 PM
bump

hillbillyreefer
11-06-2007, 03:05 AM
I have what I think is calupera (not sure on spelling) and some really nice GHA I could share with you. Just kidding about the GHA though I do have a lot. I could shoot a pic if you want. I just flushed a bunch tonight but still have some to spare, it grows rapidly in my display.

likwid
11-06-2007, 04:29 AM
I'm looking for chaeto in particular, but I dont think it would hurt to have multiple types of macro in my fuge, right?

likwid
11-06-2007, 06:00 PM
All I need is a small bag of chaeto. You can ship it in a standard envelope, and all you pay is for the stamp. I will even give you some money through paypal for doing this. I know a lot of you are using chaeto and are having to trim it all the time, please help another reefer out.

likwid
11-07-2007, 02:28 PM
No one wants to help a guy out?

michika
11-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Can you wait 16 days? I can hook you up with some shortly.

likwid
11-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the offer Michikia! I am running an empty fuge right now, so I will wait and see if anyone else is able to send sooner, if not I will let ya know. :biggrin:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-07-2007, 04:56 PM
PM sent from BC:biggrin:

Delphinus
11-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Sorry I missed this thread. I don't have a lot of chaeto but I can send you a clump off from mine. The only thing is I think it is getting a little too cold at night at the moment, I'm sure it will freeze. I've tried mailing macros before using the envelope trick, and the macros did not live (because they froze, I mean). Although they looked fine for the first few hours, they suddenly disintegrated and completely melted.

So I think it would be better to ship it using perhaps a heat pack or at least send it in a thermos. Here's my problem, I used to have a thermos I would use for trading zoo frags via mail, but the last person I traded with kind of forgot to send it back and .. well it's hopelessly lost now. So I have to go to Walmart and go buy another. I'll try to get to Walmart soon and then I can send you some chaeto. Maybe in the meantime, PM me your address and we'll go from there..