PDA

View Full Version : Moving a BTA

likwid
11-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Hey guys,

I just added a HOB skimmer to my tank, and there is only one spot it will fit on the back of my tank. The problem is, the intake is very close to where my bubble tip anemone is seated. Is there any way I could move him, or get him to move by himself away from the intake?

digital-audiophile
11-03-2007, 05:59 PM
can you move the rock he is on? I would be reluctant to try to peel his foot off. Maybe put something over the tank that blocks the light where he is at to try to encourage him to move?

fkshiu
11-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Either aim a powerhead directly at the foot, or rub an ice-cube gently back and forth on the foot.

Quagmire
11-03-2007, 09:39 PM
I think moving the rock like Greg suggested would be the best option,if it can be moved.There is a good chance if you move the rock it will stay attached,but if you move the Anem itself, it may wander around the tank causing problems and possibly ending up in an intake or power head.

bv_reefer
11-05-2007, 06:14 AM
I used an ice pack and rubbed it on the base, it took a while but eventually worked...over half an hour later

pet-lover
04-17-2008, 03:23 AM
just cover that powerhead with the seing square things (i forgot the name) then with some filter pads and tie it with a rubber band (the bottom too). if moving doesnt work...

kwirky
04-17-2008, 03:27 AM
if you really have to move him, turn the rock upside down and remove it out of the water just enough so his foot's out of the water. then use a chopstick and kinda tickle his foot. it'll let it go slowly as you tease it's foot off.

but I'd not move it if I were you and just protect the powerheads