PDA

View Full Version : New Saltwater aquarium store in edmonton

Karen Marlin
11-02-2007, 07:33 PM
There's a new saltwater aquarium store at 5544 Calgary Trail southbound, in the strip mall just north of the Husky station....they're getting stock in around mid-November...I think they're affiliated with Red Coral in Calgary....
looks like a great setup...we can always use more selection....K

fencer
11-02-2007, 07:59 PM
I saw them too. They weren't there but I spied in the window. Their setup looks good(equipment wise.). If you are planning on visiting their in a striipmall just behind the gas station. Blink and you can miss them

vazgor
11-02-2007, 09:13 PM
there name is blue world aquarium

mark
11-02-2007, 10:30 PM
always nice to hear of another one

Murminator
11-03-2007, 12:43 AM
Why always out in no mans land....well at least it's somethin

mark
12-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Well finally got there and I'll give a little plug.

Store is all saltwater. Each bank of tanks have their own sump with skimmer. Looks like they'll be getting more into hardware and already have a fair selection of supplements

For fish, lots of variety and a wicked looking stone fish, corals there's some SPS/LPS and soft but will be getting more once their SPS display tank becomes established.

Staff is friendly and though I didn't pick up anything this trip, I'll be going back.

Murminator
12-10-2007, 04:24 AM
Yeah i was there a couple weeks ago and they had nothing there except a bit of rock there were waiting for a shipment.....and there gave me a free t-shirt :mrgreen:

bubblepuffer
12-10-2007, 05:47 PM
I went there too.. the owner is Filipino and originally from Calgary. If I remember right there, in the business in Calgary for 2yrs or the other way around.. in Edmonton for 2yrs, and many years in the Saltwater business in Calgary. Bad memory. Need more Ram for my brain.

Jeff_
12-11-2007, 05:30 AM
What are the hours? I would love to visit it. :biggrin:

mark
12-11-2007, 06:03 AM
Not sure the hours but phone is 758-8088

surgeonfish
12-11-2007, 06:28 AM
Are they open for buisness yet? I am going to Edmonton to visit the inlaws for Christmas and need an excuse to get out of the house to check out some of the LFS.

mark
12-11-2007, 06:34 AM
They're open and appears 7 days a week.

Matt
12-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Coincidentally, I noticed this store a few days ago when I was going down Calgary Trail. I stopped in. They have a very light stock level right now, but a heavy investment in tanks and water, so it looks like it will be a nice place.

Good selection of the salifert kits and kent product. Light selection of other drygoods. Prices seem about average for the local market, but I didn't really price-check anything specifically.

I think I say them open until 10pm except Sunday, but that won't last, I imagine. Very noisy, with each rack of tanks dumping into sumps below, and skimmers humming along.

I'll go back from time-to-time.

fishoholic
12-16-2007, 12:56 AM
I went there today (Dec.15) and they just got a shipment in. Good selection and great prices on fish. Well worth the drive. We ended up buying a Naso tang, he gave us a great deal. :biggrin:

Psyire
12-19-2007, 07:08 AM
I was able to stop by this store yesterday. Very nice layout, possibly the best I've seen.

Service was good, very personable. Store was very clean & the tanks were spotless. (of course they've only been open awhile)

I'll definately be back, and would recommend checking them out.

fishguyxd
01-27-2008, 01:30 AM
I stopped in there today ,Nice place ,clean had a good selection of corals , very friendly staff ,they even gave my son a t-shirt, the coral prices not to bad for this city. Fish/inverts selection was low at time of my visit. Has some good salt and additives etc. No frag tank yet I will be stopping again. that's my 2cent

noirsphynx
08-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Blue World is great! I visited them about a month or so ago. They didn't have a huge selection at that time but when I showed up they were in the middle of accepting a live goods shippment and even though they were super busy with that Michelle was very helpful and very pleasent to deal with. I ended up leaving with a fish & coral. I'll be going back for sure. :biggrin: