PDA

View Full Version : Best store to buy RO or RO/DI water from

likwid
11-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Hey guys,

I have been buying my RO water for my tank from those fill it yourself dispensers at SuperStore, but was wondering if there are any stores out there that dispense RO/DI, or always offering low TDS RO water?

mark
11-01-2007, 05:14 PM
With the old tank packed 2 5g jugs home ever 2 weeks for years.

Best thing I did was buy a ro/di unit for home as easier labour wise and cheaper too.

Even if in a apartment, easy enough to go to HD to get the pieces to tap into a supply line and put the unit under a counter.

likwid
11-01-2007, 05:26 PM
I understand the benefits of an RO/DI unit. But with only a 10 gallon tank, I dont think it is worth it for me to get one at this time, which is why I'm doing this as an alternative.

kwirky
11-02-2007, 12:01 AM
it's hard to trust any store really. Do they change their cartridges and membranes when they should? You don't know cuz that's all behind the scenes. I bought my RO/DI unit and I thought the peace of mind was worth even more than the long term savings.

Slipstream
11-02-2007, 12:04 AM
If there is a specialty water store somewhere in the place ya live, itd be best to go through them. Cause thats what they specialize in, and sometimes u can pre-order it so theyd have it ready for ya when ya go to pick it up. If not, i guess Superstore or Save-on-Foods would be the next best thing, OR, ya could contact another aquarist close by that has a good RO system set up, and work it out that they might be able to help ya out.

mark
11-02-2007, 12:57 AM
Do you get water delivered to work?

What I did was I got the Water Company to throw a couple of extra bottles on the work order.

Slipstream
11-03-2007, 03:10 AM
Thatd work too.. lol

jasond
11-03-2007, 03:14 AM
I know sobeys by where I live have their machine serviced once a month, and there is a TDS reading for the previous month. Now whether or not it was actually done, or if those readings are accurate is another story, but it is more than what superstore has! It is Culligan I think.

My 2cents.

Jason

atcguy
11-03-2007, 01:02 PM
man BUY an Ro unit already. its the best money you will spend , if this is how you get your water. what a pain in the ***!!!

likwid
11-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Its not a pain in the ***, my tank is only a 10g, so I fill one bottle every 2 weeks or so. It's nothing someone who isnt lazy is not capable of doing.

mark
11-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Its not a pain in the ***, my tank is only a 10g, so I fill one bottle every 2 weeks or so. It's nothing someone who isnt lazy is not capable of doing.

Hey, I'm not lazy, just being efficient with the energy that I expend :wink:

Slipstream
11-04-2007, 11:23 PM
haha... energy well wasted :p