PDA

View Full Version : Just got a PPE frag

CLINT
11-01-2007, 12:06 AM
Im so excited.after a year of waiting I finally got my shipment from Rommel at ultimatefrags.com.The first time he sent customs held it.This time they were going to do the same thing but with a little talking they let my pretty wife have it:wink: .So thanks to Rommel I now have some awsome zoos.The best of those being the true blanes PPE.Woooooohoooooooo.Pics to come tonight or tomorow.Clint

Chaloupa
11-01-2007, 06:01 AM
Congrats...can't wait to see the pics!

Joe Reefer
11-01-2007, 01:34 PM
I thought ultimatefrags shut down.

CLINT
11-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Rommel was busy with family things.He has since reopened and is A+ in my books.After sending my stuff the first time.Customs seized it.Rommel kindly resent the whole order.He is a top notch guy and I cant say anything that anyone else hasn't already said.I got my frags all having more polyps than ordered and The PPE has 2 babies.plus some sweet ones that I didn't order.After getting a call saying they'd let me clear it at Customs I went and picked it up.Got home Called Rommel to thank him and he was dissapointed that I had to go and pickup corals that were to be delivered.I just cant say enough good things about him.Hopefully anyone thinking of placing an order there does it cause you wont be disappointed.Clint

Chaloupa
11-01-2007, 04:10 PM
I'd love to order from him....he has a great reputation from what I've read...hmmmm......how hard/easy was it dealing with the customs guys?

CLINT
11-01-2007, 04:29 PM
I cheated I used the wifes acount to pay so it was up to her.

howdy20012002
11-01-2007, 04:42 PM
u should have CITES to bring them across the border.
Any corals are supposed to have them...
without the proper paperwork, there could be huge issues.
Neal

fencer
11-01-2007, 06:28 PM
FYI CITES

Coral and live rock

Are there any restrictions or permit requirements to import coral or live rock for my personal aquarium?
Many corals (Helioporidae, Tubiporidae, Antipatharia, Scleratinia, Milleporidae, Stylasteridae) are listed in Appendix II of CITES. This listing means that you will need to obtain a CITES export permit issued by the country of export. The company from which you are buying it (or yourself if the company refuses) would have to apply for the CITES permit and the original documents must accompany the shipment through Customs. Your supplier/exporter should contact his national CITES Management Authority for further information. A list can be found at www.cites.org <http://www.cites.org> on the "National contacts" section. When for your personal aquarium, coral is regulated by CITES when traded as 1) live coral transported in water, and, 2) dead coral traded in the form of coral pieces in which the structure of the polyps is still visible and intact.
"Live rock" is defined as pieces of coral rock (i.e. rock that does not contain coral or in which the coral is fossilized) to which are attached many forms of microscopic or macroscopic marine life (algae, sponges, molluscs, etc.) that live on and inside the substrate rock. In general, "live rock" is not regulated by CITES, unless organisms from CITES-listed species are attached to the substrate.
The labelling of the product is therefore very important and must identify the substrate composition and all the attached organisms on that substrate. The substrate would be controlled by CITES only where it consists of live coral (for example from the genus Scleractinia). You will also need a CITES permit if the substrate is mineral rock with CITES-listed organisms on it. However, "live rock" would not require CITES permits if the substrate and all the organisms on it are not CITES-listed. Identification of species on the accompanying documentation must be by their scientific latin names.

CLINT
11-01-2007, 11:49 PM
I was told that they aren't covered by cites.What the hell do I know.Just very happy that I got them.I guess if the coral police want to come and take my tank raised zoos that were sent loose minus a dab of glue and puck.So be it.Ill have to get a frag of each off before they get here.guess I wont post pics in case someone wants to use it against me.LOL

CLINT
11-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Just so its said the box wasn't hidden at all.Styrofoam like the ones that I got from others with the number of and what was in the box CLEARLY printed on outside so if anyone was at fault it would be customs.Still saving my pics till Im not in jail.LOL.Clint

Veng68
11-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Hey Clint,

Did you have to go to the border or the airport to pick up your shipment? Did customs give you a hard time?

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

Slipstream
11-02-2007, 12:06 AM
The problem with some of the live shipments, is if there is not a t crossed, or an I dotted, they will hold it or seize it because of the amount of foreign 'invarers' that make it into the natural water supply and wreck havoc on it. Not that im saying thats what you would do, but it happens. Either on purpose or by accident.

CLINT
11-02-2007, 12:08 AM
I used the wifes paypal so she had to go.She had no problem and the customs people didnt open or look into the package at all.The box was clearly marked so guess that was enough.Clint

Slipstream
11-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Well, at least it went somewhat smoothly :lol:

sal
11-02-2007, 03:34 AM
sorry new to the hobby but what is a ppe frag

Drock169
11-02-2007, 05:12 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe its a Purple People Eater Zoathid, PPE is what its commonly called

Bayside Corals
11-02-2007, 05:52 AM
Soft Corals are not covered under CITES, but the rock they are attached to is. As long as the zoa's are attached to a man made frag plug you are fine. I have received an order or two myself from Rommel. And I have been more than happy everytime!

Colby

smp
11-02-2007, 01:54 PM
So, pics? :)

sal
11-02-2007, 04:02 PM
thank you

howdy20012002
11-02-2007, 04:18 PM
all I know is that everytime I bring in Zoas, I need a CITES.
if you can get away with it or there is some way around it, that is great...all the power to ya.
I was just trying to make people aware of the fact that there can be issues depending on what kind of day the customs people are having.
Neal

fencer
11-02-2007, 04:40 PM
I looked on the cites list and zoos aren't on them. I think when it hits the border and the box is labelled coral. They automatically hold it. You might want get the manifest from the dealer before you ship and a current copy of the cites list when you talk to customs.

CLINT
11-02-2007, 07:54 PM
well here it is.I cant take a pic to save my life.The purple doesn't even show up.And it seems it spread out pretty big cause it was sitting on top of a ric and it seems to have irritated the one side.1 day Ill get someone who knows what there doing to take some sweet pics.Clint