PDA

View Full Version : bluethroat trigger pair

Justusfish
10-30-2007, 12:21 AM
I bought a mated pair of triggers, but about a week later the male stressed and died. If I buy another male what are the chances of the surviving female bonding with the new guy!? Please say she isn't very discriminating!

untamed
10-30-2007, 12:37 AM
I bought a mated pair of triggers, but about a week later the male stressed and died. If I buy another male what are the chances of the surviving female bonding with the new guy!? Please say she isn't very discriminating!

Don't know the answer for sure, but I have experience that might help.

That is really too bad about your male. My male blue throat does a lot of "pacing" back and forth. He's really healthy, but he seems to feel confined in my 6' x 4' tank!

I introduced a smaller female blue throat to keep him company. The male has not shown much interest beyond biting her fins on a few occasions. He hasn't killed her though, and he certainly could if he felt like it.

So my pair have not yet 'bonded'...but they get along OK. I'm hoping that eventually they will figure out that for them...there are NOT a lot of fish in the sea!

Justusfish
10-30-2007, 12:43 AM
She is young and about 3 inches. He's about 5 inches so I'm hoping they 're both immature enough to still be suffering from the follies of youth and decide to hook up.