PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question.. but hey you never know..

Matty
10-28-2007, 03:38 AM
K guys a quick question here for ya.. I did some adjustments and I am now able to hang my skimmer off the back of my tank. It is a Nana Rio. I have not had a skimmer before.. and this one comes with hardly any directions. I have it running.. water is coming in one end and out the other. There is a venturi tube and around it is a bolt I guess you call it.. you need to losen it to move the venturi tube up or down.

My question is this.. do I keep that bolt around the Venturi tight.. or lose. When I losen it.. water bubbles a mist of sorts in the collection cup.. if it is tightend it stops that. The directions don't say anything about it.. just that it can take 24 hours to collect anything.. hope yoou guys might know something!

Matty

Matty
10-28-2007, 04:33 AM
k.. so I am not going to play around with it too much.. I am sure someone out there is laughing at me for not getting this..

K.. so the venturi tube is pushed all the way down.. like it said.. if I losen the knob around it it foams up in the middle chamber.. if I tighten to the knob in stops the foaming.. spritz. On the same note.. there is a lever that you can turn back and forth that controls water flow and intake.. if I open it all the way up.. it shoots out a stream of bubbles into the tank..if I close it up.. not so much bubbles. I assume the knob around the venturi controls air intake..

Are the bubbles in the tank bad.. it just looks blah having them in there lol not very sea like.

So for now I have the venturi all the way down.. and the water flow thing is half open so no bubble stream in the tank.. but no foam/spritz action in the middle part of the chamber. It says I should wait a day.. so I will see what happens.. I should mention that it is a hang on model.

Rio needs to include better instructions lol!

Matty
10-28-2007, 06:33 AM
Update.. so I kept playing around with the venturi tube and the water intake stitch.. I know have the skimmer making foam almost like a bubble bath.. and there are hardly any little bubbles shooting out into my tank ... is this what I want?

If so.. this skimmer takes a lot of fine tuning.. and patience lol..