PDA

View Full Version : Randy's 2 Part Supplies

Canadian
10-28-2007, 03:03 AM
Anyone have a line on where to buy the components for Randy's 2 part mixes here in Vancouver? I'm setting up a smaller tank but it's going to be an SPS only tank and I anticipate having a heavy calcium and alk demand. I like B-Ionic but I'd rather not rely on it as a long term solution in an SPS tank.

On a somewhat related note here's a pic of my tank. I modeled it after an Elos-esque tank but as an all-in-one with a cap covering the back chambers (24 x 24 x 18 with the display area 24 x 18 x 18)

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/medium/Left_View.jpg

Quagmire
10-28-2007, 03:33 AM
Check with Littlesilvermax in the ChemMaster forum,in the vendor section.

really good prices.

Bryan
10-28-2007, 07:02 AM
Well the alkalinity part is easy you can pick up Arm and Hammer baking soda on sale for 99 cents a container, calcium is harder and more expensive to find. Two Part Solutions in the states will ship to Canada and they have a just brokered a deal with UPS on shipping to reduce brokerage fees.

Reefer Rob
10-29-2007, 04:13 AM
Last year I picked up Dowflake at Port Kells Building Supplies at 88th Ave and Harvey Rd in Surrey. They should have it again this year.

Oceanic
10-30-2007, 12:00 AM
Anyone have a line on where to buy the components for Randy's 2 part mixes here in Vancouver? I'm setting up a smaller tank but it's going to be an SPS only tank and I anticipate having a heavy calcium and alk demand. I like B-Ionic but I'd rather not rely on it as a long term solution in an SPS tank.

On a somewhat related note here's a pic of my tank. I modeled it after an Elos-esque tank but as an all-in-one with a cap covering the back chambers (24 x 24 x 18 with the display area 24 x 18 x 18)

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/medium/Left_View.jpg

I can supply bags of DOW flake @ $35 a bag anytime of year, all I need is about 2-3 days notice and pickup is available in Langley.

Cheers!

Ian 778-241-0449

Tangman
10-30-2007, 01:47 AM
Last year I picked up Dowflake at Port Kells Building Supplies at 88th Ave and Harvey Rd in Surrey. They should have it again this year.
They do....it's about $30 bucks for a large bag ( I can't remember the exact size but it fills a salt bucket and should last you a long time)