PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for inexpensive cabinet doors in Victoria?

Todd
10-28-2007, 12:31 AM
I am planning out my new stand and was thinking that some pre made cabinet doors could really make a big difference, but I don't want to go with custom doors (at 67$ each plus tax, 8 doors gets a little expensive). Even off the shelf stuff can get price, about 50$ for mediocre quality at Home Depot.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to get cabinet doors that are good quality, but inexpensive on the Island. Perhaps a place that does renovations or something like that? I am still in the planning stage, but was thinking of 8 doors in about 12" long by 24" high.

Thanks

Aquattro
10-28-2007, 01:46 AM
When I bought doors, there was a place on Cloverdale that sold "leftovers" for about $5 per door. They aren't there anymore, but maybe check with some of the kitchen cabinet shops.

frontline
10-28-2007, 02:09 AM
I don't know if one is on the island. But I usually go to Habitat for Humanity. They have all kinds of leftover doors, various sizes and such. Lots of other useful items also. Nice to help someone in need out and pay a fraction of the cost.

Todd
10-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Habitat is a good one. I'll look into that today. Thanks!

I dropped into a kitchen place near my place, but the guy that I needed to talk to was out at the moment. The person that I was talking to said that it was very unlikely that I would be able to get 8 matching doors though. I will check out some other cabinet places too though.

Todd
11-01-2007, 06:55 AM
Wow, the Habitat for Humanity Store (call ReStore), had a great selection of doors! I got 5 matching doors and a 2 matching pieces I will use for my canopy vents for 37$

Since the doors are the first things I have picked up I was able to be a little flexible in the size, but found sizes that will work very well! It was hard to find alot of matching doors, but I got some really nice quality solid wood ones in great shape for about 2/3 the price of one custom door.

Highly recommend it for anyone looking for something similar. Thanks frontline!

Aquattro
11-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Todd, where are they located?

Todd
11-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Todd, where are they located?

2100 Douglas St, corner of Pembroke.

http://www.habitatvictoria.com/restore.html

frontline
11-02-2007, 12:20 AM
No problem! I use them a lot for my reno

Branko
12-31-2007, 05:54 PM
I don't have any doors at this time but if anyone one lets me know sizes I some times can get odd doors.
I am not a cabinet maker but do custom laquering for some of the higher end kitchen design companies in town.
I would also swap some finishing for soft coralls for any do it your-selfers.
Good luck all

Todd
12-31-2007, 07:28 PM
I don't have any doors at this time but if anyone one lets me know sizes I some times can get odd doors.
I am not a cabinet maker but do custom laquering for some of the higher end kitchen design companies in town.
I would also swap some finishing for soft coralls for any do it your-selfers.
Good luck all

I could have given you a whole wack of softies for some painting! Too Late now though.