PDA

View Full Version : Can you lend me your fish trap...or build me one

kaboom
10-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Need to catch some fishes so if you have one I can borrow please let me know. I can give you frags for your trouble. Or better yet, if you can build me one out of acrylic (5x6x7"), please let me know. Frags or $$ for trade.

fishface
10-26-2007, 12:34 AM
i stumbled upon a fishtrap by accident but it works. i used a clear plastic bowl with sawran wrap on it with a slit cut down the center of the wrap...and an elastic band to keep the wrap on. don't forget to bait it! good luck.

EmilyB
10-26-2007, 06:52 AM
Just get a critter keeper and rig it up with some fishing line.

kaboom
10-26-2007, 03:51 PM
If you're talking about these ones http://www.reptilecity.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=reptiles&Category_Code=HCF500
how would you go about creating the "giletine" door? I am assuming that's most effective design. Please explain.

EmilyB
10-26-2007, 07:08 PM
I got the idea from esmithiii on rdo, but the pic isn't up there anymore. Basically, you set the thing on end so the small plastic door opens upwards. A hole is drilled on the door, to which fishing line is attached. You then incorporate a small rock that holds this door up, until you pull the line, rock falls, door closes. I've caught three at a time with that thing. My plastic door is broken now, or I'd let you just use it.