PDA

View Full Version : got 2 picassos, can I add 2 black percs?

Melina
10-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Hi,
I recently got 2 juvenile captive-bred picasso clownfish. I've had them 2 weeks. I would really like to get 2 juvenile cb black percula clownfish and I'm wondering if introducing them to the tank & the picassos would be a problem. What do you all think?
Thanks.

DanG
10-23-2007, 01:46 PM
how big is the tank?

digital-audiophile
10-23-2007, 01:49 PM
From first hand experience, mixing clowns is not something I would suggest.

I tried to keep tomatos and ocellaris clowns in a 90 and the poor little ocellaris were bullied really bad. I moved them into my sump to stop the fighting.

Okguy
10-23-2007, 03:17 PM
If I could do it over again, I would stay away from mixing clowns. My Ocellaris & Sebae Clownfish tolerated each other for 6 months and then the Sebae almost killed my poor Ocellaris in a matter of 2 hours.

My Ocellaris is now living happily in my fuge (getting really fat on all the pods) but still has noticible scars from the attack.

IMHO don't do it!!!

ed99
10-23-2007, 06:24 PM
I have the same advice as above. I've tried mixing ocellaris and skunk clowns as well as an ocellaris and perculas (supposedly the most laid-back of the clownfish species) and it has never worked out. Even in my current 6' tank the perculas ran the ocellaris out of town and he was moved to the sump.

Melina
10-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks guys. The tank is a 65g. I won't do it.