PDA

View Full Version : ich?

bv_reefer
10-23-2007, 03:24 AM
-just noticed today that my tomato clowns left front fin is slightly tattered and a little white around the edges, also the bottom of the belly is starting to become a little white in color, and i was wondering if this could be ich or what?

Borderjumper
10-23-2007, 03:40 AM
Is this the fish that you thought its eyes were "popping" out more than normal? I dont remember if it was you or your cousin that posted about that.
IF it was you, it sounds like something bacterial to me.

bv_reefer
10-23-2007, 03:50 AM
ya i posted that, i thought he was starting to get popeye but he's not, i'm really starting to suspect that it's ich and i don't currently have a quarantine tank set-up so i was reading thru and read about Kent Marine RxP marine parasite, anyone tried this out? safe for corals and anemones?

Borderjumper
10-23-2007, 04:02 AM
you have a tang in the tank?
They will usually be the first to show signs of ick. Clowns have a pretty thick slime coat.. thats why they can "do" anemones.

I have never used meds for ick. I garlic up their mysis and run my UV filter for 10days.

marie
10-23-2007, 04:17 AM
Ich look like little grains of sand stuck to the fish. A tattered fin that is white around the edges sounds more like its bacterial in nature. A picture would help

bv_reefer
10-23-2007, 04:44 AM
ok then never mind it's not ich but if it is bacterial like marie and borderjumper suggested then i guess garlic is not an option anymore? any good bacterial remedys then?

Aquattro
10-23-2007, 04:56 AM
Garlic still can help boost the immune system. A healthy fish should be able to regenerate fins quickly. Make sure the water is fine, fish aren't breathing heavy, etc.

Jason McK
10-23-2007, 05:21 AM
Fin rot and loss of colour is generally due to poor water quality. not saying your water is not good. But I would ensure your water ramains as stable as possible

j

bv_reefer
10-23-2007, 05:29 AM
i'll run a few tests and make sure everythings in check as usual and i'll post the results, just did a 10% water change so water should be fine as far as i know