PDA

View Full Version : Coral slowly dying-Need help!

bv_reefer
10-21-2007, 06:42 PM
for the past 3 days i've been noticing that small portions of my finger leather colony are slowly turning white, losing polyps, and dying every day, and all the other corals are doing great, really don't want to lose this colony as it's a great looking piece, anyone?

Chowder
10-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Do you have a anemone in the tank. If you do is it possible that it stung your softie.

bv_reefer
10-21-2007, 07:52 PM
actually yes he was an inch away from my condy anemone for 2-3 days, but they didn't come in contact with eachother so i don't understand how he could have stung him, either way yesterday i moved him to the opposite side of the tank of the anemone, i inspected the coral for any visible parasites and couldn't find anything, should i perform a freshwater dip at this point? if the anemone did sting him will this kill my whole colony?

Der_Iron_Chef
10-21-2007, 07:54 PM
A freshwater dip won't help if it's been stung by your anemone. You'll just have to wait and see what happens.

bv_reefer
10-21-2007, 07:57 PM
now one big finger is starting to get white polyps so at this point i'll just do a water change and hope for the best.