PDA

View Full Version : Xenia Looks Funny

k_jenkinson
10-21-2007, 04:02 AM
I put in some new pumps in my tank and then about an hour later my Xenia shrunk, thinned out and changed colour to a blue/purple don't know if something is wrong with my ph, flow. Any suggestions?

albert_dao
10-21-2007, 04:19 AM
No image, but from the sounds of it, your Xenia probably does not appreciate the extra flow. Try moving it.

Rippin
10-21-2007, 05:28 AM
In your instance, the new flow might be irritating it. But Xenia is a funny beast - they can grow like weeds then all of a sudden shrivel up and die.

Drock169
10-22-2007, 05:18 AM
I'm going to agree with the flow, it definitely looks like something is stressing your xenia, and by the looks of it there may be too much flow directly on them, although they may adjust to the flow in a week or so

k_jenkinson
10-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Is there any way to bring Xenia back to life or if it dies that's it buy new one?

Rippin
10-22-2007, 11:44 PM
If the Xenia starts to rot, then it's probably over. If it's shrivelled and purple in colour it may bounce back. I've been dosing with iodine as of late and my Xenia is doing better but I can't guarantee that it's because of the iodine.

If you've altered the flow, change it back. If all of your major chemical tests are good, then try a water change.