PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Angel Reef Safe?

cav~firez22
10-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Just curious of other reefers expierence, are singapore angels reefsafe? as far as sps go?

i have a brain coral, fox coral, hammer, & torch.

other tankmates will be LG blond Naso, Lg yellow tang, LG Scopas tang, SM Redsea Sailfin Tang, Lg Foxface, 2 clowns, 3 damsels, 1 med Coral Beauty ,3 cleanershrimp, 1 peppermint shrimp (i think) 2 sand sifter starfish, 1 brittle star, and 1 reef lobster.

Im lookin to get it today as the lfs that has it thinks its a queen angel, and is only chargin 23$ for it. its about 3.5" long. nice shape

any info guys?

Quinn
10-19-2007, 04:57 PM
I think the general consensus on all angelfishes, except members of the Genicanthus and Centropyge genera, is that they are not reef safe. While I assume though that different species and individuals will have different eating habits, it probably wouldn't be recommended if you value your various corals.

tang daddy
10-19-2007, 09:31 PM
I go with quinn. My angels are in a fowler have about 9 in there but will never put another angel in my reef ever again learned the hard way when all of a sudden my coral beauty started going nuts and chowing, this is after 5 months of normal swimming. I've seen people keep angels in sps tanks with not many problems the occasional nip here and there is normal but again that's stony corals plus they keep their angels well fed! I saw you have brain coral in your tank they love that, well majestics do anyways just ask seahorsefanatic his expeirence... I say go for it if you're willing to tear down your reef to catch the fish if he has an appetite for your livestock but if you're not willing to do that then consider my advise pls. I had to tear down my reef twice to catch fish before 1 was a dotty back the other was a coral beauty, angels are smart I tried traps, starvation (which back fired and he turned on two plates)everything until my last option take 2/3 of the tank out and drain the system almost 8hrs work. Well hope this was helpfull.

cav~firez22
10-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Well, i got the fish anyways. seems to be fine. I do have another tank setup that i could turn into a coral tank if NEED Be, but otherwise, im gonna ride it out and see how it goes.

Thanks for the input

tang daddy
10-20-2007, 12:15 AM
awesome be sure to post some pics of the queen! angel lover here:mrgreen: