PDA

View Full Version : arrowana's & fruit????????

Cowboy
10-18-2007, 05:02 AM
my arrowana loves the honeydew that i feed my pacu. along with my blood red oscar. any suggestions on other fruits to feed besides lettuce?

Der_Iron_Chef
10-18-2007, 05:09 AM
Hah! Seriously? Huh. I had a 12-inch Arrowana in high school that I fed lizards on a daily basis. Don't know much about feeding it fruit :)

Cowboy
10-18-2007, 06:40 AM
ya i couldn't believe it, was waiting for him to spit it out and it just swallowed it. and ate some more today. my poor pacu is so tame he wont fight for it so the arrowana and the oscar are getting most of it

doublette
10-18-2007, 04:06 PM
I don't know about if your fish would like it, but my pleco and clown loaches like bananas, orange segments and zucchini.

Cowboy
10-19-2007, 01:00 AM
I don't know about if your fish would like it, but my pleco and clown loaches like bananas, orange segments and zucchini.

i heard good things about zucchini and cucumbers for plecos. was a little questionable about bananas due that they might be hard to digest. the sad thing is my fish eat healthy foods while i am eating mcdonalds lol. maybe i should throw in some pizza to the tank so they fatten up like i do :lol:

doublette
10-19-2007, 04:38 PM
The zucchini is far better than the cucumber, plus you don't have to worry about the seeds making a mess. The banana is used only as a treat every few months, just a small piece (about 1.5 "). My fish eat more fruits and veggies than my kids will! And the fish take it readily! :wink: