PDA

View Full Version : Question!

milano07
10-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Is it ok to fill the tank pretty close to the black rim or does the water level has to be at least two inches away from the rim? Is there any risk if the tank is filled pretty close to the black rim?

Thanks

Delphinus
10-17-2007, 09:19 PM
You can pretty much fill it anywhere you like. The closer to the top, the greater the risk of overflow, but there's no reason structurally, to stop a few inches below the trim. In fact, when I put in overflows on my tanks I try to make the water level just above the bottom of the trim line because I think it looks better than seeing the waterline. Plus you get salt creep and so on above the waterline, which is unsightly.

Hope this helps..

milano07
10-17-2007, 10:30 PM
You can pretty much fill it anywhere you like. The closer to the top, the greater the risk of overflow, but there's no reason structurally, to stop a few inches below the trim. In fact, when I put in overflows on my tanks I try to make the water level just above the bottom of the trim line because I think it looks better than seeing the waterline. Plus you get salt creep and so on above the waterline, which is unsightly.

Hope this helps..

Thanks for the info! :biggrin:
It is very helpful
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Doug
10-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Mine is past the rim. Sometimes when the stream pump is just right, the wave touches the cross bar.