PDA

View Full Version : Red Sea Max - enough flow??

Blue Ram
10-17-2007, 02:50 PM
This system is a 34 gal cube tank with two pumps turning over 145 gph each - approx. 10x turnover volume per hour. The pumps sit side by side on the top left hand corner of the tank. One pump is directed straight down and the other as far right as possible. Don't think its possible to increase the flow because of the integrated design but is it producing enough circulation??
I have a Rio Seio 620 that turns over 620 gph that I could install - would this be overkill??
Looked at some other suggestions from a thread here

Aquarium Systems mini jets?
Hagen 301 or
Hydor Koralia water circulation pumps which have a 360 degree range

This is my first salt water tank so I'm not certain if I have enough flow or I should supplement with one of the pumps above. Tank is stocked with soft and various SPS coral frags.

Der_Iron_Chef
10-17-2007, 03:03 PM
With SPS, I would say it's not enough flow. For most soft corals, it probably is. The Koralia pumps perform well and are less bulky than many of their counterparts.

Do you have a substrate?

Blue Ram
10-17-2007, 04:03 PM
With SPS, I would say it's not enough flow. For most soft corals, it probably is. The Koralia pumps perform well and are less bulky than many of their counterparts.

Do you have a substrate?

1/2 inch of live sand. Think I may look into the Koralia. Are they available locally? Anyone know?

Finaddict
10-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Hi BArb- i just bouhgt 2at golds 31.99 each

i beleive ocean city has them as well not sure on price.

any baby bristle noses for me???

HTH