PDA

View Full Version : Yellowhead Jawfish.... Victim of cave in??

X-Treme
10-16-2007, 03:19 AM
So I've had this yellowhead jawfish for about a year and a half.....ALWAYS bobbing up and down in his hole. 2 nights ago he's out feeding on live brine A-OK no problemo......as of yesterday.... GONE. No-where to be seen. His hole is open (didn't "shut his door" the other night I guess). I can only see so far down in there, but no sign of him. Anyone heard of them becomming victims of a "cave in"? It doesn't really LOOK caved in but as I said, I can only see so far in. ALL other inhabitants of the tank are good as gold. Where oh where has this little guy gone. We miss him dearly :( He is/was our favorite. :cry:

Chowder
10-16-2007, 03:37 AM
Sorry to say this if this is the cause but they have a habit of jumping out. I lost all three that I had that way. Will never buy one again.:sad:

X-Treme
10-16-2007, 03:55 AM
Well...............I REALLY hoped that THAT was not the situation, but apparently when I searched the carpet the first time, I didn't search hard enough. Found him all dried up 2 minutes ago...... SOOOOOOOOOOO sad. :( :(

So wierd too, cause in all the time I had him, whenever something startled him, he went straight to his hole....Always down.....NEVER up. :(

Chowder
10-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Sorry to here that. It's always sad to find your fish that way.

Skimmer Juice
10-16-2007, 04:07 PM
I had a bluespot that kept jumping into my overflow and one day I found him on the floor aswell. Sorry to hear about your fish. I think that is my least favorite way to lose a fish besides the old getting stuck to the power head trick.

fishoholic
10-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Sorry for your loss, it really sucks to lose a good fish that way.