PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Anemone Question

k_jenkinson
10-15-2007, 11:18 PM
I bought a green bubble tipped anemone last wed. and it was doing great in my tank for a couple days but yesterday i noticed that it had shrunk down in size flattened out all its tenticles <- farely normal i know but it also opened i'm assuming its mouth to about an inch and a half and i can see inside of it but can't see rocks. After about a four hours he went back to normal but when i came home from work he had done it again. Just wondering if its normal and why he does it. Thanks

Quagmire
10-16-2007, 12:57 AM
It's just expelling waste.They will deflate,spit out some black stringy stuff,then re inflate.All normal

CLINT
10-16-2007, 01:06 AM
Did you pick him up in langley?Clint

Tarolisol
10-16-2007, 06:50 AM
If its mouth is open beyond normal without noticing any sort of waste managment its not a good thing. Sign of stress most likly. How old is your tank, plus size and occupants will help more.

k_jenkinson
10-18-2007, 02:41 AM
It's a farely small tank it's only a 30 gal 30x12x18 had it up for about two months now and the only things in there are hermits, snails, cleaner shrimp, and a chromus. I also bought two clowns with it but the only thing that was showing anything odd was the anemone. I knew it expelled waste and shrunk but the abnormal size mouth wasn't sure about. And I bought it from J&L in Burnaby

Oh and some soft corals Xenia (i think thats how you spell it) and they are spreading like wild fire so i didn't think there was anything wrong with my tank

Thanks for the help :biggrin: