PDA

View Full Version : ordering rock

Atlantic
01-18-2003, 02:35 PM
i am planing on placing an order for 35lbs of live fiji rock from Jl aquatiics. first off ive never ordered from them so do they have a good reputation? do they carry good rock? and second, ive never ordered rock online before, so how do i ensure i get some good rock, not just a couple of huge dense peices of base rock. im setting up a new tank so this will be all the new rock for my tank.
thanks...
Atlantic

BCOrchidGuy
01-18-2003, 03:32 PM
I would say their rock is good, similar to what I usually get from my LFS. I think they are good folk and if you tell them you don't want two big chunks but would rather some smaller more open peices they will take the time to look for them. They have good prices on snails etc you may want to consider a clean up crew for your tank when you are ordering your rock.

Atlantic
01-18-2003, 07:21 PM
perfect thanks...

deano
01-20-2003, 12:08 AM
Is J&L getting a shipment of Fiji in soon? I know they are getting a Tonga shipment on Jan. 21st. Or do they keep quite a bit of Fiji in stock all the time? Anybody know? Because I'm looking to place an order possibly this week.

Fiji or Tonga, which is better? Fiji is lighter, but it doesn't have the coverage that Tonga has. From what I hear.