PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Mag 2 or Mag 3

Delphinus
10-07-2007, 10:48 PM
My mag 2 driving my reactor developed a small leak in the pump housing, so I've had to file it under "G".

Before I go order a new one, does anyone have one they'd like to convert to cash?

mark
10-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Last year when I bought a new Mag3, it started leaking first time wet. *****ed to the manufacturer and they sent a new housing free, no questions.

Before I got the housing though, put a thin bead of silicone on the o-ring, not a drop since. If the housing isn't cracked maybe try.

(and yes do feel a little bad for not using the new housing)

Delphinus
10-08-2007, 04:12 AM
Unfortunately it's not leaking from where the impeller housing or cap or whatever it's called, attaches to the pump body. What's happening is that there is a small micro crack in the epoxy (or whatever it is) surrounding the impeller itself. The water leaks out along the electrical cord. Only happens after the pump has been run a few minutes - guess it needs a little heat to expand it out. At any rate, although the pump actually works fine, I think this is a bit of a showstopper, having a crack in the electrical part can't be too good!