PDA

View Full Version : Im on my way to Thailand

Josh23
01-16-2003, 06:47 PM
Well I booked the trip today.
Im off to Thailand on April 28th - June 4th.

I was doing some seaches on the internet about diving and snorkling over there and some of the pictures that were available were amazing. I cant wait to get in the water.

Has anyone here visited Thailand. Just looking for some opinions on where do go and what to see.
Josh

DJ88
01-16-2003, 07:02 PM
The diving in the Phuket area is suposed to be great. I have been there and Bangkok. Tho I have heard the best area of Thailand to visit is in the North. Chang Mai area. Phuket is turning into a major sex trade area. Similar to Pattaya. The Island is still nice tho, I enjoyed my couple o days there seeing elephants logging, the beaches and some brewski's of course. I think some of the guys did shark dives. But don't quote me on that. There is a fair bit to see there but it is very touristy.

I can ask a friend of mine at school where she thinks are the best places to visit. Growing up in Bangkok seems to have given her a good idea. ;)

Josh23
01-17-2003, 12:09 AM
Yeah that would be great
Thanks a lot
Josh

Delphinus
01-17-2003, 01:04 AM
Wow, Thailand. That will be an adventure! Good place for orchidphiles, too. I know a guy who went over there some years back to help with captive propagation of orchids to help repopulate the orchids in the forests up there. Very neat story. I'd love to go there someday. Fabulous looking coastline.

(BTW. Ever noticed how the names of those cities are almost onomatopoeias? :shock: :oops: :wink: )

Josh23
01-17-2003, 01:13 AM
Ill be sure to bring back lots of underwater pictures to post here for everyone to see.

ruck'n'reefer
01-17-2003, 05:51 PM
It would be well worth it to go to the perentian islands in malaysia (if you are in the south of thailand). Only a couple of hours southest.
The best snorkeling i have done. I liked Koh Lanta, as well as the Krabi area. There are a couple islands in the southwest that you could check out.
Koh Toa is good for diving though.

BTW YOur email link doesn't work.

stephane
01-18-2003, 03:26 AM
If been in bankok two years ago we here on kaosand road the tourist area it is noisy , dirty,lot of drug,racket and prostitution but it worht a look for a couple of day Irecomand you go buying the book on thailand from loneley planet it is a hand book you should read before to go everyting is inside the book evry place evrey racket in everytown it cover from a to z like wich restaurant to go the price wath to eat wath to visit wath to not visit all tourist trap where are the clean restroom in other word everiting

It was part of my holiday in vietnan so I have not see much of thailand
I was suppose to go in thailand at first but couple people have recomand me vietnam over thailand. I have visit vietnam from north to south taking
four plane bus train..... for 3 week and made the best holiday of all my life everyting was pefect 10time cheaper than thailand,food perfect,room
people,landscape...............

wich you good holiday from wath I heard pee pee island in thailand is a must seen paradaise

Dont forget the book it will pay for it self 10 time and made the difference between good holiday and awsome one!

fishinaction
01-19-2003, 02:36 AM
Thailand... that's fantastic!! Where abouts? I went to Bangkok, Chaing Mai (north), Koh Samui, and Koh Phangang ( I think that's how you spell it!) :D in the Gulf of Thailand. The snorkelling there was phenom!! Porites 20ft. deep with giant clams imbedded in them. Huge, I mean huge Copperband butterflies. This place we stayed in on Phangang had a liitle cove that had schools of blue spotted sting rays 5ft down!! The biggest anemones you can imagine, and SPS bigger than a VW. I've been there, but I'm jealous when someone else gets to go!! Adam. :D