PDA

View Full Version : 85 Watt 6400K PL lamp

Bryan
01-16-2003, 05:11 AM
For those interested From the www.brite-lite.com web site (local lighting store)

http://www.brite-lite.com/Hydroponics/BritePro.html

The bulb is pricey at 99.95, but it doesn't require a ballast.

The BritePro Lamp is a 85 watt self-ballasted, 77% less energy used and full daylight spectrum lighting. These lamps are appropriate for use in any application where true color rendering is important.

New technological electronic ballasts provide for instant, flicker free illumination compared to early designed magnetic ballasts. BritePro lamps have a rated life of 10,000 hours before intensity may diminish. The heat generated is far less than any H.P.S. (High Pressure Sodium) or MH (Metal Halide) light source. Working temperature is so low that you can actually touch the bulb while it is on without injury.

The BritePro Lamp is available in RED Spectrum (2700K) or FULL Spectrum (6400K).

BCOrchidGuy
01-16-2003, 03:47 PM
Solar hydroponics sells a very similar thing but it is 90 watts, it uses a mogul socket but it is self ballasted, I didn't find they gave off much light. I think it is called Enviro lite at Solar, it is full spectrum.

Bryan
01-17-2003, 02:17 AM
I think they are the same bulb. Might be good for a refugium.

BCOrchidGuy
01-17-2003, 04:11 AM
The one I tried was by GE I think.. Oh and as far as touching them while they are burning... I'm surprised they can say that with out getting sued, the one I had got hot enough to burn skin, not quite blister but my fingers were sore for a couple hours.