PDA

View Full Version : Tank Raised Fish

UnderWorldAquatics
01-28-2002, 09:58 PM
I am setting up a fair number of tanks right away for rearing of post-larval fish. I was wondering if anyone on would have an interest in buying various grown-out fish??? (tangs, gobies, clowns, angels, and various others.) Mainly looking for small-large wholesalers or club purchases. Any input would be great!
Thanks in advance!
Kyle

"Doing my part to save the reefs!"

Troy F
01-28-2002, 10:06 PM
Kyle, welcome to the board! I'm sure that many of our local reefers would love to purchase tank raised fish. Your selection seems a little overly optomistic though. How do you propose to get tank raised tangs and angels?

SuperFudge
01-28-2002, 11:09 PM
Welcome Kyle,

Im sure many would be interested in tank raised fish,but i cant help wondering how that could be feasable for you...considering the majority of the intial purchase for you is still wild caught.

I hate to curb your desire for the idea,but adding the costs of Labour,material,utilities,losses and system upgrades/upkeep to the original cost of the fish...i would think them out of my price range.

Just thinkin out loud,Marc.

[ 28 January 2002: Message edited by: Fudge ]</p>

terryp01
01-28-2002, 11:49 PM
Kyle,

I am interested in your efforts and we can discuss off-line. I have had much success in the past with tank raised Tangs and Angels but there are hard to come by.

You have my email addresses, drop me a line and lets see what we can work out. Could be a distributor for my Canadian customers.....

images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SuperFudge
01-29-2002, 12:04 AM
Kyle,

If you do decide to go that route,let me know....i have some equipment(Pumps,tanks,LG commercial sand filters and UV sterilizer) you may be interested in for a very reasonable price.

If you wish i can post them in the proper forum,or email me.

Marc.

[ 28 January 2002: Message edited by: Fudge ]</p>

Troy F
01-29-2002, 12:17 AM
Duss, what tangs and angels do you have access to? I'm willing to pay a lot more for healthy tank raised fish.

naesco
01-29-2002, 12:37 AM
I have pretty much made up my mind that I will only buy tank raised fish and coral frags. I am interested.
Thank you

DJ88
01-29-2002, 01:01 AM
Troy,

I haven't got names and such. But I believe there is someone here in the mainland breeding tank raised Queen angels(I may be wrong on the type of angel but it was Angels). It was several months I spoke to his nephew but I can get in touch with him again and find out. I had offers to go see his setup last year but wasn't living here then.

DJ88
01-29-2002, 01:03 AM
Duss,

I am getting close to setting up my 45. And I have decided to get a pair of those Spelndid dottybacks. I am trying to get J&L to find me some but will probably end up getting them through your contact.

They will be the only fish in the tank. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif And I can't wait in all honesty.

benjoss
01-29-2002, 01:53 AM
Welcome Welcome,

I would love a nice healthy Naso Lituratus. Keep us updated.

Ben

UnderWorldAquatics
01-29-2002, 03:46 AM
Hi all! To answer a couple questions... I think my selections are good for the hobby. I will be getting the tangs, angels, gobies, dottybacks, clowns, and other fish as larval and post larval stage fish. These have a low survival rate in the wild so taking them from the waters will not lower wild populations in any noticable way. They can have a very good survival rate in tanks if you take good care of them and have the right setup! How am I getting these fish? Well I havre a very good connection!!! Nuff said. Yes it costs alot to setup!!!!! Im still crying. I am a consultant for Canadian Lake Plankton, commercial harvesters of Mysis Relicta, so I have a great rearing feed at my disposal, keeping feeding costs down. If you have any equipment that is "cost efective" lol
please e-mail me with details at: deepblueaquatics@yahoo.ca
Naso Lituratus are actually comming into season soon i hope to bring in around 300 or so.
Turn around time is from 3-6 months depending on the species. Hopefully I can offer some nice healthy tank raised fish in the comming months.
Kyle
"Trying to do my part"

Troy F
01-29-2002, 12:29 PM
Very cool! I look forward to seeing these fish available to the general population. I wasn't expecting this kind of news so soon.