PDA

View Full Version : LF-Plumbing Fittings and Flex PVC

GreenSpottedPuffer
10-06-2007, 03:42 AM
I have had a ridiculously hard time finding 2" PVC fittings. Im looking for a Gate Valve, 90's, 45's, unions, male adapters, ect. ect. Also a bunch of the same in 1.5".

I also need just a few feet of 1-1/4" Flex PVC and a few unions, 1-1/4 ball valve, ect.

Anyone know where I can get just a bit of Flex PVC and not have to buy a whole bunch???

The problem for me right now is that I have no car, so something in vancouver is way easier for me. If its too far away or out of the way, I can't really get a ride out.

Anyways, anyone have anything to sell or a name of a store IN Vancouver?

Thanks!

PS. Someone buy my 90G so I can pay for all this plumbing stuff!!!!!!!:mrgreen:

saltynuts
10-06-2007, 03:59 AM
have you looked at a hot tub store.

GreenSpottedPuffer
10-06-2007, 04:33 AM
No actually. Sounds like a good idea though. I will look some up.

Im guessing there really is not much of a market for selling stuff like flex PVC by the foot but if anyone knows somewhere that does, can you let me know?

spoot
10-06-2007, 04:50 AM
I've ask most hot tub stores around and they won't sell it.

mark
10-06-2007, 05:14 AM
All my Spa-flex was from hot tub places sold by the foot, 2" fittings (elbows, couplers) and pipe from a Rona, 2" union valve then needed more of a industrial supplier. I used Bartle and Gibson in Edmonton but see they have a branch in Vancouver. http://www.bartlegibson.com/bc.html

spoot
10-06-2007, 05:32 AM
Found this place while looking around.
http://www.pacificpondsplus.com/pvc_fittings.htm

untamed
10-06-2007, 05:41 AM
In my opinion, the best place around Vancouver for PVC fittings, valves etc is Corix Water Products.

GreenSpottedPuffer
10-06-2007, 06:22 AM
I don't know too much about pricing, so for example, are these decent prices:

All Sch40

2" Gate Valve $18.45
2" Bulkhead $13.50
2" Unions $14.35
Black PVC Flex $17.62 (1.5" and 10' length)

Just a few examples of their prices. Wondering if this is pretty competitive?

Thanks!

mark
10-06-2007, 06:47 AM
Seems good, think I paid something like $60 for my true union ball valve.

andresont
10-06-2007, 08:38 AM
I have had a ridiculously hard time finding 2" PVC fittings. Im looking for a Gate Valve, 90's, 45's, unions, male adapters, ect. ect. Also a bunch of the same in 1.5".

I also need just a few feet of 1-1/4" Flex PVC and a few unions, 1-1/4 ball valve, ect.

Anyone know where I can get just a bit of Flex PVC and not have to buy a whole bunch???

The problem for me right now is that I have no car, so something in vancouver is way easier for me. If its too far away or out of the way, I can't really get a ride out.

Anyways, anyone have anything to sell or a name of a store IN Vancouver?

Thanks!

PS. Someone buy my 90G so I can pay for all this plumbing stuff!!!!!!!:mrgreen:

I have a bag full of plambing parts , where are you in Vancouver?

Zylumn
10-07-2007, 02:44 AM
Go to a vacuum store and buy double lined vac hosing. Cheap and far tougher and comes in 1 1/4 and 1 1/2" diameter and you can buy by the foot.
Kevin

cole004
10-07-2007, 05:29 AM
I paid $40.00 for my Gate valve at Southern Drip Irrigation in Chilliwack 1 1/4
they will have most stuff you need if you feel like coming out this far.

honkey sauce
10-07-2007, 05:35 AM
yep southern drip is where its at

GreenSpottedPuffer
10-07-2007, 05:58 AM
yep southern drip is where its at

Uhhhh, not when a Gate Valve is double the price!

I think this place will work. I spoke to the owner and he is going to get whatever I need and personally deliver it to my door for free (he does this for large orders). Sounds like he basically goes through the suppliers and does not mark stuff up too much. Thanks for all the suggestions though!

Canadian
10-07-2007, 07:16 PM
You might want to consider just getting some ABS fittings for the 90s, 45s, tees, caps, etc. as long as it's not going to be a pressurized system. Bigger sized ABS is easy to find, cheap and you can glue it to the PVC with transition glue. I order my fittings from Andrew Sheret's at a wholesale discount so I can't help you out on cheaper places because I never shop anywhere else.

GreenSpottedPuffer
10-07-2007, 07:21 PM
You might want to consider just getting some ABS fittings for the 90s, 45s, tees, caps, etc. as long as it's not going to be a pressurized system. Bigger sized ABS is easy to find an cheap and you can glue it to the PVC with transition glue. I order the rest of my fittings from Andrew Sheret's at a wholesale discount so I can't help you out on cheaper places because I never shop anywhere else.

Yeah I was going to go ABS with the fittings because Home Depot has them all in the right sizes and cheap. I even bought the PVC/ABS transition cement already. I also had planned to use the ABS inside my tank because I like the black colour. I may still go this route.

As for Andrew Sheret, do they sell to the public? The lady I spoke to on the phone said not PVC stuff. She claimed I had to buy large amounts. This is the one Near Broadway and Main. They seem to have terrible customer service too. I called about three times on different days and they said they would call me back and each time, never did. I had heard they were good though...:neutral:

Canadian
10-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Andrew Sherets should sell to walk-in public customers. I have an account with them but I frequently see joe schmoe in there buying a few fittings here and there, or some micro-irrigation parts to repair a broken system. There's also one in Richmond - close to Golf Town. That one is pretty close to Vancouver if you can get a lift and they might have a friendlier receptionist.

GreenSpottedPuffer
10-08-2007, 11:33 PM
What about PVC cutters? Where is a good spot to pick these up? I need some that will cut up to 2" stuff. I have never seen them before, how much do they usually cost?

albert_dao
10-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Find yourself one of those pipe cutters with the little cutting wheels. I have one that cuts up to 2" pipe and it was well worth the $50 investment. Hell, if I only had to plumb one tank ever, it'd be worth it.

GreenSpottedPuffer
10-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Find yourself one of those pipe cutters with the little cutting wheels. I have one that cuts up to 2" pipe and it was well worth the $50 investment. Hell, if I only had to plumb one tank ever, it'd be worth it.

Yeah I think those are the "PVC cutters" Im talking about. I just have not been able to find them in town here.

Pan
10-09-2007, 01:12 AM
I bought one at home depot three days ago

GreenSpottedPuffer
10-09-2007, 01:19 AM
Does it cut up to 2" stuff and how much was it? I was there a few weeks ago and they said they did not carry them...I think the guy must have been confused.

Pan
10-09-2007, 01:38 AM
They had a black handled one there that cut that size, i just needed a small one. Last ditch, hack saw cuts it quickly...quicker than the cutter if you have any strength in your arms

EDIT: I paid 15.99 for it.

GreenSpottedPuffer
10-09-2007, 01:43 AM
Yeah I think I am going to stick with my first plan of using a clamping mitre box and hack saw. I have cut some like that and it gets a decent cut. Not perfect but close enough after its all cleaned up. Thanks.