PDA

View Full Version : Radium On a S51 Ballast(HPS)

Bryan
01-16-2003, 02:17 AM
Anybody running a Radium on a S51 Ballast (HPS). It SHOULD be easier on the bulb as it is 30 watts less than the Son Agro (HPS), but curious if it burns any whiter than a M135 or M59 metal halide ballast.

stephane
01-16-2003, 05:00 AM
I have try it it work and the bulb is more bright than the m135 but I realy prefer the Agro

I have read from guy who have the Agro ballast for a wile and burn the bulb 12 month no problem Im now at ny 5+ month and the bulb is still beautifull and bright

M59 ballast is peace of crap with radium

Bryan
01-16-2003, 05:15 AM
Thanks Stephane, I was going to drop you a line and see how your bulbs were doing on the Radium/Son Agro combination. Have you noticed any unusual darkening in the inner envelope of the bulb, a sign the bulbs are getting old.

How have the corals responded since the switch to the Radiums.

stephane
01-16-2003, 05:25 AM
Yes the tips is becoming smokey a bit but they still look awsome and bright still to brigh for some LPS like the candy can who realy have a hard time in the bottom of the tank

IMO they are even beter than when they are new or is the coral color who make the difference I dont know but the color of acro are awsome and the grow is very fast ! (but it suck calcium like mad)