PDA

View Full Version : FS: Lab grade metering pumps (2 available)

Delphinus
10-03-2007, 08:04 PM
I have available two lab grade metering pumps.

People have used these as top off devices, or calcium reactor feed, or for running kalk reactors.

One has 1/4" tubing connectors and the other 3/8" connectors. The 3/8" unit is the one that Chad (aka Fish) used to top up his mini cube.

The 3/8" tubing unit details: Advantage Controls laboratory-grade dosing pump. Can be set to dose 0-30 gallons per day, adjusted ¾ of a milliliter at a time. $180

I don't have the specs handy for the 1/4" tubing unit, will post back when I have them. Same specs more or less as the Advantage Controls pump, but has 1/4" tubing (and is a different brand name). $120

Delphinus
12-05-2007, 04:46 PM
These are still available.

Some further information on these:

These pumps are piston metering pumps. The flowrate is adjustable from a very slow drip rate to a steady stream. Controlling the flowrate is done by adjusting the piston in terms of stroke length, and stroke frequency (ie. how much volume it moves per cycle, and how fast it cycles).

The 3/8" tubing model (which is easy to step down to 1/4" BTW, of course) model is made by "Advantage Controls" and has an electronic controller so it has many dispensing options. Ie., from a couple strokes per second down to one stroke per hour or even less (at specific times of day and so on). Stroke length is controllable with a dial from 0% to 100%. Maximum dispensing rate on this one is 30gpd. Here is some info from the manufacturers website: http://www.cannonwater.com/Products/model_a-130.html

The 1/4" pump (actually I'm using it right now to drive my kalkwasser reactor, but I can switch it around if need be. I am thinking of taking my kalkreactor offline anyhow as it's on a tank that will soon be taken down) is made by Lectranator. I can't find any info on the web about this pump. It is maximum 130ml/min so in terms of gpd that's about 42gpd I think. It's controlling options are simpler, there is a dial for stroke length (again 0 to 100%) and stroke frequency is either 2 strokes per second (100%) or 1 stroke per second (50%) (or external - it has an input for some kind of external controller but I don't know how that is supposed to work). To have it drive my kalk reactor I have it set to about 5% stroke length and run it at 50%. This gives me approximately one drop per second.

SuperFudge
12-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Hi tony,

You have a pm.

surgeonfish
12-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Tony
Are any of your pumps still available?
Shane