PDA

View Full Version : Wavysea users?

Delphinus
10-02-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm having some issues with a Wavysea unit I just bought.

What happens is that it seems to run fine for a few hours, but at some point it starts to "drift" away from its setpoints.

Ie., I'll find it turned almost backwards pointing at the back glass.

One thing that I'm doing is that I've mounted a Seio pump to the output. I'm wondering if I've either exceeded the weight capacity of the motor or if there's something else that needs to be addressed.

Unfortunately I don't have the manual so I don't know if there are any troubleshooting tips or any tips like "Don't try using this with a Seio because it won't work."

I don't think the Seio is any heavier than a Tunze though and I thought there were lots of people who have their Tunzes on a Wavysea.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I guess I should maybe fire off an email to the Wavysea people to see if they have any suggestions..

DanG
10-02-2007, 09:59 PM
You could try the wavysea forum on RC.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?sortfield=lastpost&sortorder=&forumid=418&pagenumber=1&daysprune=1000&x=17&y=12

No activity in a while though.

Jason McK
10-02-2007, 10:58 PM
I just checked my manual and there is no troubleshooting guide or anything with regards to this type of issue.
It sounds to me as if the controler is not getting the power needed. Or the controler is not maintaining it's memory

J

Pescador
10-03-2007, 07:13 AM
Let us know what you find out Tony, I believe seanoman is still waiting for a response about the tunze 6200's flow rate from this thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35153&page=2&highlight=wavysea).
If the flow is to much can it turn it past the set points?

Reefer Rob
10-04-2007, 03:52 AM
Is the pump mount tight on the outlet? Sounds like the force from the pump is turning the mount on the outlet pipe. I don't think it's a power issue. If the power is interrupted the unit just stops turning. Can you try it with just the nozzle on for a while to see if it still does it?

Jason McK
10-04-2007, 05:40 AM
Good Point Rob.

J

Delphinus
10-04-2007, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, yeah using the nozzle is I think something I'm going to try. I have to take the whole unit off to do that though and the way the bracket is mounted it's sort of a "climb up on a ladder, reach way over and try to turn the bolts with pliers" thing so I just haven't quite done that yet. :redface:

I sort of hope that's all it is, although on the flip side it means I can't use the thing the way I was hoping to..