PDA

View Full Version : 180G Sweet Setup - Victoria more stuff added

Jaws
10-01-2007, 05:40 PM
So I'm downsizing to a smaller tank on the 14th of October and that's going to free up some of my equipment. Have a look at the list below:

180G Starphire Inter-American Tank 72X24X24. Its Eurobraced with an external overflow on one end of the tank with two return holes with bulkheads drilled on each side of the overflow. I chose to use these holes as closed loops and it worked really well. It has one visible scratch on the tank that you have to look hard to notice.

Also a custom stand, canopy, and narrow cabinet on one side to hide the external overflow and plumbing. The stand is approximately 35" tall, sealed inside and painted with marine paint. My old skimmer overflowed my sump twice, both on weekends while I was away and all the water stayed in the bottom of the stand without leaking anywhere. Saved my butt. The doors are held on magnetically and are easily removed. There's some paint chipped in a couple spots but I've still got the original bucket of paint used so you can have that too to touch it up.

The canopy is about 18" tall and has an aluminum light rack I built that holds four 96W power compact actinic lights and has accommadated 4 - 250W PFO HQI pendants and is currently running 3 - 400W lights. The ceiling of the canopy is a sheet of thin aluminum designed to reflect any light back down on the water. There's four 4" fan holes cut out of the ceiling as well. The front of the canopy is a large piece of acrylic that secures easily to the canopy with velcro for easy removal.

The sump is a 70G tank with baffles. It currently has a Euro Reef CS8-3+ in it with two pumps. The Euro Reef is the equivalent to the CS 250 but I've modified the needlewheel impellers with the Enkamat mesh and this thing rocks even more than it did before. It fills the collection cup about every five days. The return pump is a mag 18.

I'm going to throw it out there as a package deal first with all the plumbing. For all of the above mentioned I'd like to get $2000. That of course is less than half what I paid for everything only two years ago. You can even have the established sandbed if you're thinking about setting it up right away.

I've also got a PFO 400W HQI dual ballast less than a year old and a single 400W socket and reflector assembly with a 2 month old 400W 20K radium bulb. There's also a PFO H4 VHO ballast with quick disconnect cords and four 96W PC actinic bulbs about three months old available. If you take everything above, I'll throw this stuff in for $400.

I'll post pics of everything soon. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

PS - Anyone local that can help me move on Sunday the 14th, I could really use your help. Please see the below thread.

http://216.187.96.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36085

zoomin
10-01-2007, 06:43 PM
you have PM

Jaws
10-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Bump

Jaws
10-04-2007, 08:22 PM
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n112/jasonkay_2006/DSC00019.jpg

Jaws
10-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Bump.

Mikee
10-10-2007, 02:25 AM
I'd take the whole thing paying cash if I had the room haha! + all the time that is needed for such a big tank :P Nice tank btw should be a quick sell!

Mikee
10-10-2007, 02:27 AM
Oh I forgot to ask if you would be parting out if for any reason you cannot sell it complete?

Jaws
10-26-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm not ready to part it out yet thanks.

Will also throw in a 24X24X18" high drilled cube tank in a very sturdy 2X4 stand that is meant to sit beside the main display. The stand is the same height of the display tank setup and the cube tank is at the right height to be used as a refugium that overflows into the main display tank. There's a 20G auto topoff on the shelf below that is alread setup to topoff the sump. The bottom shelf was supposed to hold a 20G denitrification bucket that I will throw into the package as well. You can place your ballasts for the main display and the refugium on top of the stand as well. You can see the stand to the left of the tank in the above pics. This is almost an end to end setup and would just require your time to set it up. Thanks.

Mikee
10-26-2007, 11:45 PM
Man o man i really want this package. What condition is the cube in?

Mikee
10-26-2007, 11:48 PM
I may take the whole thing. I just have to talk it over. Also figure out how i would get it to Vernon.

Jaws
10-26-2007, 11:56 PM
The cube has never been used actually. It's brand new.