PDA

View Full Version : need help

clowncrazy
09-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Hi I just bought what was sapost to be 25g salt tank set up hmm nope I just know that's not what it is It has some very very sick looking live rock in the tank with long green stuff on it the pump looks like some thing you get at walmart for fresh water fish and I'm not sure what is at the bottom of the tank it's not sand so what I was hopeing is if anyone has some stuff they don't need I will pay to help me get this thing up and going and what do I do with this live rock I'm scared to touch it it looks that bad thanks
looking for
Live sand
Live Rock
pump

mark
09-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Pair of gloves, toothbrush and a bucket of water. If you put an algea farm in the tank to start with, you're already behind.

michika
09-29-2007, 03:16 PM
You can start by getting some readings on your parameters; specific gravity, nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, and eventually calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium.

Like Mark said the first order of business is probably to manually prune the algae.

Do you have any other equipment? A skimmer perhaps?

What about photos? Do you have any photos of your setup right now? That may help us direct you in the right direction.

scuglass
09-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Cook the rock... search on RC

clipperfish
09-29-2007, 09:48 PM
To cook your rocks ,all you have to do is put it a tub of salt water or about three to four weeks with no light and a pump .Change water once aweek and all your alge will be gone . thats what i did and it worked . got the facts from Christy .

Salmon King
09-30-2007, 08:48 AM
I would buy new rock/new pump.Ask your local pet store,Sometimes good deal isnt so good