PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo!!!

Mak
01-13-2003, 06:26 AM
Sweet!!! my Copperband just started excepting prepared foods :D :D :D

I guess for about the last 2-3 days he started tasting it and spitting it out. And now after 20 days he's stomaching it.

BTW he was pretty fat when I got him. And he stayed pretty fat the whole time. He has been a model citizen except for my small feather dusters, which was expected. He also left my few Christmas Tree worms alone :D .

TANGOMAN
01-13-2003, 02:14 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one around here to take the time to post a topic based solely on enthusiasm...
That's great news ! We've probably all been through that trying time awaiting a prize addition to begin feeding. It's kind of an important requirement for all living things... :wink: Especially with the Butterfly species, my particular favorite but one I am relucctant to keep due to many losses over the years... Hopefully I can be persuaded by your success to try this particular species in the future. A beautiful fish...! Keep me/us updated on this guys behaviour and best of luck.

Bob I
01-13-2003, 09:19 PM
If you get the urge Doug, I just left Wai's and he has a few nice looking CBB's. Not a commercial, but an observation. :D

Mak
01-13-2003, 10:22 PM
Yes, I'm quite amused cause of the unsuccessful stories :cry: :shock: :D .

I think the key was having tonnes of Pods and goodies, so he could stay full and happy while he ajusted to his new home :wink: .

Now I just hope this Niger Trigger makes it... Yeah right I wish...well maybe oneday :roll:

AJ_77
01-14-2003, 01:31 AM
Woo-hoo back at ya! And congratulations! Is there a cooler fish?? 8)

When I first got mine, it took a couple of days for it to go through about 3 dozen aptasia in the tank. Then he started watching the mysis pieces with interest. When they would come down the current and drift over the rock surfaces, it was more than he could resist, and they quickly became the staple.

Aside from that one bristle worm he bit in HALF - :shock: - it's pretty much PE mysis. Goes through that stuff like potato chips...

stephane
01-14-2003, 06:30 AM
Waht about a CB eating flake food :shock:

I finaly got mine eat it! flake food formula one I have try severale time without succes but I found the trick

I soak the food in a mixture of misys water,selcon,and Tblend he now go nuts for this stuff I now slowly reduce the dosage of mysis selcon tblend to finaly give him pure flake 8)

it will be very good cause Im out every weekend in summer and dont want him to taste on my clam so feeder and flake for the weekend :D