PDA

View Full Version : Tang - Achilles Acanthurus achilles

Chin_Lee
09-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Please provide your experience in this poll:

Use the top 9 poll questions if your fish has passed away.
Use the bottom 7 poll questions if you currently own this fish.
Multiple polls are allowed.
Select the best answer to the best of your knowledge.
Adding comments or elaborating on the cause of death in a post is encouraged.The options are as follows:

died within 0-3 months
died within 4-6 months
died within 7-9 months
died within 10-12 months
died within 13-18 months
died within 19-24 months
died within 2-3 years
died within 3-4 years
died after 5 years +
currently alive 0-6 months
currently alive 7-12 months
currently alive over 1 year
currently alive over 2 years
currently alive over 3 years
currently alive over 4 years
currently alive 5 years +

EmilyB
12-04-2007, 07:49 PM
I had the fish a few months, but it didn't seem happy, always pacing, so I was going to sell it, had it in the sump and it jumped out. :cry:

untamed
01-09-2009, 10:05 PM
1.5 years and still doing fine. Has had ich the entire time.
Update: Almost 2.5 years now. Still has ich. Still doing fine.
Update: Died at about exactly 3 years in the tank. Suspected cause of death: Ich or secondary infection related to ich.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r118/untamed_photos/Fish%20pictures/IMG_1429.jpg (http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r118/untamed_photos/Fish%20pictures/?action=view&current=IMG_1429.jpg)

seanoman
01-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Currently have one in our tank that is doing great. Was scared at first because it was very pale and was being pestered by our regal tang. Once the regal was removed, it started to thrive. It had ich slightly in the beginning and hasn't had it since. This is my favourite fish.

Trigger Man
01-10-2009, 01:16 AM
Had one a couple of months ago, never had ick was eating 4 times a day, and then one day just died within 8 hours (heavy breathing, but no other signs of anything wrong).

Fishfreak
03-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Currently have one now over 2 years. Never gets ich and ate all foods right from day one. I consider myself very lucky and fortunate. IMO one of the most striking and beautiful fish out there!

Ryanerickson
12-06-2013, 02:28 AM
I have had mine for 2 years now. it gets ich on and off but overall very happy fish eats nori mysis and as of the last 6 months pellets.

xtreme
12-06-2013, 03:45 AM
I'll have had mine for 2 years come February. One of my all time favourite fish. Took about 5 months to get him on pellets but now he eats like a pig and is the centerpiece of my tank.

Skimmerking
12-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Well Chin you know about our Canreef Mascot DOOFUS. he was a long time favorite with marie.. I can't speak on a achillies i have a Powder Brown and they are ick magnets. Along with the Powder blue's too. But i have had my PBrownT and he is the life of my tank. Eating out of my hand and he is maybe 3" always comes to the front of the cube to see me or susan waitiing to eat out of our hand. Now we have the Tommi tang and the cleaner wrasse along with the clowns.