PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Black PVC 1" and 1 1/4" Piping Source.

ReefVan
01-11-2003, 08:18 PM
:D Could you folks perhaps help me out?

Looking for Black PVC piping Sch40 in 1" and 1 1/4" sizes. Various quotes from vendors all require a 5000 ft min production run. Yeah, watch me... :shock:

Black PVC seems to be uncommon, but would be nice to dress the Reef-Rat out all in black. Otherwise I'll have to machine some black PVC rod.

The Black PVC sch40 fittings are no problem, they are supplied by Spears and can be easily be bought in small quantities. (25 or 50 per box)

Perhaps there's a source out there in eastern or western Canada somewhere. :wink:

Thanks

Van

StirCrazy
01-11-2003, 08:41 PM
I have been looking all over here for the last 5 months Van.. no luck.. I can find the odd fitting through mail order from the USA but not much else..

Steve

ReefVan
01-11-2003, 09:27 PM
:D Hi Steve,

Well, Rehau is a distributor for Spears products here in Canada. Here in Montreal I have a branch. :D You have them in Winnipeg and Vancouver also. Their website is a java nightmare that takes forever with a cable connection! :x

Min order $100.00 Cdn and most of the Black sch40 pvc fittings are 25 -50 per box. Prices are good. No $30.00 Fedex or UPS ripoff for customs brokerage per box when buying in Canada. :wink:

Maybe we should start selling fittings individually, the prices are good and they do look much better in the aquarium than grey or ivory/white. :idea: As for the pipe, we'll need 50 or so people...

Contact me by PM if you're interested. :wink:

Van