PDA

View Full Version : AVOID Lifegard pump!!!!

GinKu
01-10-2003, 06:05 PM
avoid buying this pump i have read this thread in reef central
http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127095&highlight=quiet

this is what happen to my pump not as bad as this tho! but
i only found out cuz my tank was quiet and i smelt something burning

http://mysticreefs.com/hardware/pump.jpg

Dez
01-10-2003, 06:53 PM
I would argue otherwise. I have 3 quiet one's running....great pump. Yes, I have heard of these pumps crapping out....but I bought all of mine used and they haven't given any problems. My friend runs 4 or 5 of them and they've been running for years...

Maybe I'll change my opinion if it happens to me..

Des

christyf5
01-10-2003, 07:05 PM
Well it seemed to me in that post that there were some models to avoid depending on the color of the housing. I'm not really sure if that is relevant but thats what I gleaned from the thread. I probly still wouldn't buy one tho.

Christy :)

TANGOMAN
01-10-2003, 07:07 PM
I too run this pump on my 90g and have had no problems, 2 years running and it was used when I bought it. I think it's a good product. I've had Rio's crap out far more so it's all a matter of experiences I suppose...
Reading that posting from R.C. everyone was thankful for the GFCI. Would the circuit breaker not have "tripped" if there wasn't a breaker prior to the main panel. This didn't appear to be a leakage problem.

Dez
01-10-2003, 11:45 PM
I was told to avoid the blue housing... the older reddish pink housing have seemed to work well for my friend's tank and mine. I haven't tried the blue housing yet....

Ginko/Alan, was yours a blue housed pump?

des

GinKu
01-11-2003, 12:02 AM
dez ya it's the blue housing!

AJ_77
01-11-2003, 12:51 AM
Ginko/Alan
WHAT is a Ginko/Alan?!?

As to the pump, I don't even remember what colour it was, honestly. You'll have to speak to the owner for details. I'll be calling the local LFS on his behalf to try and straighten this out and get a replacement.

Cheers.

GinKu
01-11-2003, 01:17 AM
Great alan thx for ur help would u like me to call u neways?

Dez
01-11-2003, 04:46 PM
Alan,

Sorry, I meant Ginku/Alan. Didn't you sell your set up with the pump to Ginku?

Des

AJ_77
01-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Des - No of course I did, but its just weird to be mentioned with my name conjoined to another. I didn't marry the guy, I just sent a pile of stuff home with him, then pretty much put it out of my mind. But now he needs some help so we're going to try and get this cleared up.

Got a pump you can lend him? :wink:

GinKu
01-15-2003, 10:58 AM
hi alan thanx for u help sorry i couldn't email u back cuz something happen to my comp so i had to reformat it
well ya i will see if i can get help at big als
thanx