PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Vancouver wanna split this with me???

GreenSpottedPuffer
09-25-2007, 01:45 AM
http://vancouver.craigslist.org/for/431194157.html

Great deal for someone!!! Would take it but I have no room. If you do and don't need the lights or plumbing, let me know. Its VERY cheap for the whole set up!

GreenSpottedPuffer
09-25-2007, 01:48 AM
Or even better for you, I will pay the $200 if you take the tank and some livestock...

bv_reefer
09-25-2007, 01:54 AM
free 120 gallon?? ooo i'll reply asap :smile:

Keana
09-25-2007, 02:01 AM
I need a heater and a sump. Plus who knows what else?? Whats the story on this? Cost and such??

Keana

GreenSpottedPuffer
09-25-2007, 02:04 AM
Yeah...I thought posting might be a bad idea...The guy just sold it. Who ended up taking it? I guess I should have been greedy and taken it earlier today when I called...Just thought I could help someone else out though.

oh well...I would appreciate it though if you could let everyone know who it was.:mrgreen:

GreenSpottedPuffer
09-25-2007, 02:07 AM
I guess I should have bought it earlier and THEN posted the tank and everything here...stupid me...

If the person who bought it can talk to me about the lights or plumbing, that would be awesome!

spoot
09-25-2007, 03:55 AM
alas, i would have split with you GSP!

GreenSpottedPuffer
09-25-2007, 04:03 AM
Yes...and I thought of PMing you too! I should have realized that someone would go and just buy it all instead of getting back to me. I spoke to the guy earlier in the day and he had NO INTEREST from anyone. I told him I will take it but have to just find someone else to take the tank...So I post here and find someone. Call him back and hes just sold it. What a coincidence!!! He said he had just got off the phone seconds before I called back and sold it. He was surprised. I explained and I think he felt bad. Not his fault though...mine.

The person who bought it didn't do anything wrong I guess...Just not something I would have done to someone:neutral: I feel like an idiot now. I should have just bought it when I was the first to call him and then gave away the stuff I dont need. But oh well.

digital-audiophile
09-25-2007, 04:11 AM
If it was someone from this board that read your post that is dirty pool! :(

GreenSpottedPuffer
09-25-2007, 04:16 AM
It COULD just be a coincidence but I doubt it. He had no interest until all of a sudden when I posted???

Van-rookie
09-25-2007, 04:37 AM
It COULD just be a coincidence but I doubt it. He had no interest until all of a sudden when I posted???

guess I missed all the exciment :)

Rippin
09-25-2007, 05:05 AM
Sorry to hear about your missed opportunity...but I'm looking at a nice 120g aquarium in my living room now...:twised:

I kid, i kid...:wink:

GreenSpottedPuffer
09-25-2007, 05:13 AM
Sorry to hear about your missed opportunity...but I'm looking at a nice 120g aquarium in my living room now...:twised:

Hahaha! I thought you were serious! Like I said before, they really could have been a bit nicer and at least Pm'd me, I know most people would have and in fact did but its not like they did anything illegal:neutral:

I still wish they would tell me though and maybe help me out with the lights and/or plumbing and sump...Im willing to pay good money for them!

And I wont hate on them for getting there first!:mrgreen:

Johnny Reefer
09-25-2007, 05:42 AM
So do you think they bought it sight unseen? (Like over the phone or something). I mean... based on the times of your posts it sold within 20 minutes of your first. Seems a short time to rush over and view it. Unless they lived just down the street.

GreenSpottedPuffer
09-25-2007, 05:49 AM
So do you think they bought it sight unseen? (Like over the phone or something). I mean... based on the times of your posts it sold with 20 minutes of your first. Seems a short time to rush over and view it. Unless they lived just down the street.

It would have been less than 20 minutes. I just never posted right away about the sale. I was a little upset...:twised:

One of those things, Im kicking myself now for saying anything. I guess I was just thinking I could quickly find someone and then head over to the guys place. I did find someone and we were making plans to head over. I called and apparently was literally a minute or so too late.

Johnny Reefer
09-25-2007, 05:58 AM
It would have been less than 20 minutes. .....
I'd say coincidence, then. To see your post...phone the guy....get cash....rush over....inspect it thoroughly....make a decision....and buy it, seems like alot in less than 20 minutes. Unless the buyer either bought it sight unseen over the phone (and even then, how's payment made?), or like I said....lived down the street.

GreenSpottedPuffer
09-25-2007, 06:01 AM
I'd say coincidence, then. To see your post...phone the guy....get cash....rush over....inspect it thoroughly....make a decision....and buy it, seems like alot in less than 20 minutes. Unless the buyer either bought it sight unseen over the phone (and even then, how's payment made?), or like I said....lived down the street.

Well I was going to buy it unseen:mrgreen:

The guy was willing to consider it sold if I committed to picking it up tonight. So basically, if someone saw my post and then called right away, it would have been theirs.

Anyways, its gone either way...

Van-rookie
09-25-2007, 06:14 AM
Darren...

Thought you finally upgrade your tank :D..... your clown is doing fine, thought I have to put him in my FOWLR tank till I set up the tank I got from Justin in a couple of weeks

edikpok
09-25-2007, 06:32 AM
what was the deal anyways?

GreenSpottedPuffer
09-25-2007, 06:45 AM
$200 for...120G tank, stand, hood, 200watt MH, 400watt MH, 100lbs. LR, Sump, Plumbing, Refugium, Powerheads, Supplements, I believe salt, a few corals, 5 fish, and a few other things. I spoke to him on the phone and he was moving in a few days and needed to find a good home.

tang daddy
09-25-2007, 06:48 AM
wow talk about a shmokin deal dang I feel for you gsp next time hesitate not, I usually make my mind up fast when it comes to a great deal wait and it's gone murphy's law.

spoot
09-25-2007, 07:35 AM
I emailed the guy and asked if the tank was taken yet. He said no. When I returned the email, he said it was already gone.

Original email: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 04:03:07
His 1st reply: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:16:59
My response to take the tank: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:53:50

I guess I was just a little slow. Stupid faucet just had to burst today. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch the next deal.

Renegade
09-25-2007, 08:17 AM
sorry for the missed deal

but 200 bucks WOW

Chowder
09-25-2007, 03:16 PM
I think most aquarist who saw that deal would of taken it sight unseen knowing that you could turn around and sell it for a profit. The live stock alone would probably get your money back on store credit alone. Not to mention that if you needed anything in that package you would of come out ahead for sure.

Johnny Reefer
09-25-2007, 03:48 PM
$200 for...120G tank, stand, hood, 200watt MH, 400watt MH, 100lbs. LR, Sump, Plumbing, Refugium, Powerheads, Supplements, I believe salt, a few corals, 5 fish, and a few other things. ....
Probably was bought sight unseen, then. Heck, the LR alone for $200 is a smokin' deal. This'll likely remain one of life's little mysteries. Sorry to hear you missed out.

Cheers,

GreenSpottedPuffer
09-25-2007, 04:02 PM
I think most aquarist who saw that deal would of taken it sight unseen knowing that you could turn around and sell it for a profit. The live stock alone would probably get your money back on store credit alone. Not to mention that if you needed anything in that package you would of come out ahead for sure.

Stop reminding...:mrgreen:

I guess Ive learned my lesson though, next time Im not telling anyone! I have to be more greedy!:razz:

Van-rookie
09-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Yeah you should have just directly take it, and PM me after that ....:)

Stop reminding...:mrgreen:

I guess Ive learned my lesson though, next time Im not telling anyone! I have to be more greedy!:razz:

GreenSpottedPuffer
09-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Yeah you should have just directly take it, and PM me after that ....:)

Oh yeah, i would have Pm'd you for sure since I know you could have used some of the stuff.