PDA

View Full Version : elagence

Salmon King
09-24-2007, 04:01 PM
I purchased 2 elagance coral from Australia .They were very nice but after a couple months they retracted there feeder legs.They are just hanging on.I know of 4 other people with the same outcome.These are supposed to be really hardy.I tried moving them around the tank to different spots but no luck.Water was perfect.Any feedback would be appeciated

Joe Reefer
09-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Elegance Coral Project (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=319263)

marie
09-24-2007, 04:10 PM
From what I understand of the disease it is highly contagious and if the coral is put into the same tank as an infected one it will catch it. This can happen anywhere on route, from the sources tanks right through to the stores tanks.

Salmon King
09-24-2007, 04:26 PM
found it.Thanks for the advice

Joe Reefer
09-24-2007, 04:29 PM
It is a thread regarding the Elegances' demise in the hobby. Eric Borneman put together a project to study why these corals became so hard to keep. If your interested, you should setup an account there.

I could not open page from reef central.Could you explain disease

Der_Iron_Chef
09-24-2007, 04:32 PM
I was under the impression that this disease was not affecting Australian Elegance, but moreso deepwater Indo Elegance. I could be wrong, though. Maybe there's another reason your corals are failing.

marie
09-24-2007, 04:38 PM
I was under the impression that this disease was not affecting Australian Elegance, but moreso deepwater Indo Elegance. I could be wrong, though. Maybe there's another reason your corals are failing.

The only reason it wasn't affecting australian corals was because the collectors tanks weren't infected but if they are put into a tank in the store that has/had an infected elegance they too can come down with it.

I could be wrong but I think it is bacterial but because it is inside the tissue, dips don't always help.

Quagmire
09-25-2007, 12:15 AM
Eric B isn't on RC anymore his new home is at

http://forum.marinedepot.com/Forum9-1.aspx

If you send him a picture,he can tell you if your coral has the disease/virus/pathogen,whatever it is.
I used to have his homepage where he kept all his data for this project,but it seems Reefland has that address now.

tang daddy
09-25-2007, 06:24 AM
Hmm never heard of a disease for elegance before must look into that, on another note do you feed your elegance? Try pellets a freind has kept his for over a few years now which is suprising to me because I always hear of them dying under 1 year apparently his take a liking to pelets and he feeds them every night!