PDA

View Full Version : anemone

Salmon King
09-22-2007, 06:56 AM
Just wondering if anybody had any luck with coloured carpet anemones.Had 2 at lfs.They kept them for 2 weeks in witch time they perished.Dont no wether to try and get more.Any input would be appreciated.

Cameron
09-22-2007, 02:26 PM
What store?
I know big als in burnaby has a really nice live green one.

untamed
09-22-2007, 03:50 PM
I've had mine for about 4 years. Since moving to the new tank, it's gotten pretty large. (it might be 18" diametre now). It hosts a pair of Maroon clowns.

I'm not hand feeding, but it eats plenty based on the fish food that happens to fall into it, or be dragged in my the clowns.

It is my opinion that these anemones do just fine without being fed...but if they do get fed, they grow quicker. If you feed (it is fun), just feed small items and allow plenty of time (weeks?) between feeding.

Delphinus
09-24-2007, 03:49 AM
What species, do you know? The survival rate, and care requirements, are quite different among the different species of carpet...

Aquattro
09-24-2007, 04:27 AM
I know one of these was looking poor when it came in, I'm not surprised it went. The other should have been ok, but hard to tell with gelatinous mounds of tentacles type creatures