PDA

View Full Version : What is the ultimate Butterfly??

Bob I
01-08-2003, 10:48 PM
My 50g is in the process of becoming a FOWLR. It currently contains two Ocellaris clowns (three years old) and a recently added Lemonpeel. I would like to add a fish or two. I am wondering which butterfly (if any) would be suitable for this setup. I am also thinking of adding a Royal Grama, or maybe a Damsel or three. :?: :?:

EmilyB
01-08-2003, 11:51 PM
Many, if not most, species of butterfly fish are difficult to keep in captivity.

This is some quick general info on some of the better choices:

butterfly fish (http://www.exotictropicals.com/encyclo/marine/butter/butter.htm)

naesco
01-09-2003, 12:46 AM
I agree with Emily but the site posted is a commercial site and therefor they are likely to make the fish easier to keep then they really are.
A better view of individual butterflys might be www.wetwebmedia.com
Thanks for asking

Old Guy
01-09-2003, 01:14 AM
I currently have 4 Pakistani (chaetodon collare) and 2 Klein's (chaetodon Kleinii) in one of my tanks. The Klein's were introduced yesterday and ate 10 minutes later. :D Today they all even ate flake. :shock: I've had the Paki's for a few months and could never get them to eat flake until today. They would eat mysis, prawns etc. but never flake. The Paki's school which is real cool. Every one of these fish came from J&L and ate from the first day I brought them home and will eat from my hands. Very peaceful fish and worth keeping IMO. J&L has a few different types in their store and have them all eating but I agree that there are many kinds that will never survive in captivity. I found wetwebmedia.com to be a good source for making choices.

Jeff