PDA

View Full Version : tubing

sea gnome
01-24-2002, 10:14 PM
Hi everyone, in one of the past posts clear braided tubing was mentioned and I am unable to find it again. Can someone help me out where to get it at a good price in Victoria? Thanks

DJ88
01-24-2002, 10:17 PM
Home Depot. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Canadian
01-24-2002, 10:53 PM
I think it costs more at Home Depot than it does at Van Isle. Not that the tubing costs very much but it might be as much as $.50/ft cheaper at VanIsle.

Silverfish
01-24-2002, 11:18 PM
Coast Industrial on Dupplin rd is cheaper for braided tubing than HD too.
Plastic fittings cost more tho. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Reefmaster
01-25-2002, 12:56 AM
van isle or industrial plastics.
we have a corporate acct at one of them so if you want wholesale let me know and i'll give you the account code, you then can just pay cash so it makes a bit of a difference. shane

StirCrazy
01-25-2002, 01:02 AM
sea gnome
are you sure you want to use clear tubing? the problem I see in using it is algae build up on the inside of the tubing as it is clear and light can get in. the other problem is the price.
I am using hard pvc pipe and short pieces of flexible to reduce vibration.
there is also a white flexible pvc tubing that looks pritty nice but its price tag is quite high also.

Oh also Canadian, Nothing costs more at Home Depot, if you find it at vanisle for a cheeper price then home depot will beat that price by 10% images/smiles/icon_smile.gif er.. unless your getting it wholesale LOL

Steve

[ 24 January 2002: Message edited by: StirCrazy ]</p>

sea gnome
01-25-2002, 01:19 AM
Thanks for all the feedback, I don't think the light is going to be hitting the tubing so I think I'll be ok for that. As for the acct. # I may take you up on that once I take 10% off the price at Van Isle price because then I can also get airmiles on m/c. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Reefmaster
01-25-2002, 02:12 AM
sea gnome
i'm all for saving money on this stuff, but i don't follow ya on 10% off the stuff at van isle. but you nailed it, the co. i work for has an acct there and we can buy wholesale, about 25 to 50% off retail. shane

sea gnome
01-26-2002, 03:18 AM
Shane, looking back at the post, not sure what I meant either. I didn't proof read it and certainly should have. I let you know if I need the info.
Thanks, Rachel