PDA

View Full Version : ETS Reef Devil 3

Quinn
01-08-2003, 09:36 PM
i'm thinking of buying one of these for my not-too-soon-to-come 120 gal setup, apparently it's rated for 180 gallons, but with my sump my system will be close to that, and i'm worried it will be underpowered. any thoughts on this, and if it's a good idea, how much should i pay for it (used)?

Canadian Man
01-09-2003, 03:14 AM
Hey Teevee,
I can't contribute much other than this link I found to some info on the skimmer. You may have come across this like if you've done any searches but here it is anyway.

http://www.mv.com/users/besposito/rd3.htm

EmilyB
01-09-2003, 03:22 AM
The only thing I can add is that "skimmers rated for X gallons is to be taken with a grain of bioload"..

Generally, the mfg statement is way overrated and I think you will find this to be a common view.

Quinn
01-09-2003, 01:34 PM
i'm thinking of buying one along with a lighting setup from a guy in the states, he wants $30 US for the skimmer. he says that the problems that esposito fellow had don't occur if you run it out of your sump, but either way i think i could figure it out. however either way i'm going to have to think it through, because everyone who uses one seems to have it on a 75 gal or smaller, and i'm going to be dealing with an almost double amount of water. i don't think i'll take it.

on that note though, should anyone else want it, let me know and i'll get it sent up here.