PDA

View Full Version : 24G Nano Powerhead Help

Puff
09-19-2007, 09:35 AM
im just looking for opinions on how much water movement i should be aiming at for a 24G aquapod?

i was thinking of 2 maxijet 900s, or 2 Koralia nanos or Koralia 1s.

they would be plugged in to one of those "wave maker" powerbars. would that be ok?

should i be looking to have higher GPH powerheads since they will be alternating? or should i not even bother with the wave maker thing?

i was also thinking about getting those Hydor Flo adaptors...obviously they wouldnt fit on the Koralias, but they would work on the maxijets. or yet again, is that even needed?

i know that the change in current is definitely beneficial, hopefully that still applies to small tanks!

im also wondering about the placement of the powerheads in the tank. if they're on the wave maker should 1 powerhead be on each side of the tank? pointing down? to the middle? one to the front the other to the back?

also, withthe koralias, they have a very wide stream coming out of them...so it disperses quite quickly...so would they be ok for water movement in a small reef? or should i get stronger ones? (the koralia 1 is 400gph). or am i better off sticking with the maxijets which have a more concentrated output (and can be used with the hydor flo thingies)