PDA

View Full Version : LF: Known Aptasia eater

Jason McK
09-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Will pay reasonable $$ for aptasia eating Copperbanded butterfly.

J

Gordon H
09-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Hey Jason,

We had some aptasia growing (and reproducing!) in our tank. We got some peppermint shrimp and within a week it was all gone. Haven't seen it in the tank since.

Also, OA had some copperband butterfly's last time we were there.

Cheers,
Gord.

Jason McK
09-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Yes I have attempted p.Shrimp. The Copperbandeds are not yet eating at OA.

That is why I'm looking for someone who has a cbb that is possibly getting too big or does ot have enough to eat in someone elses tank

J

0sprey
09-18-2007, 12:57 AM
Have you considered ordering some Berghia nudibranchs online? They will always eat aiptasia, and never touch anything else. Cleaned out my 90g, and I had a severe infestation. I thought that the bergs had died (I removed quite a few and sold them, afraid that they were starving), but just last week I saw one crawling across the front glass, after four months with no visible aiptasia. They are a lasting biological control. The catch is that they aren't cheap... but you do get to sell on more than you ordered in the first place, as a general rule.
I ordered mine from www.saltyunderground.com; they are experienced shippers and often send to Canada.

CLINT
09-18-2007, 01:05 AM
coralscaping in canada has them as well.Clint

Jason McK
09-18-2007, 01:12 AM
I purchased 21 Berghia about 2 years ago. After giving up a day at Canada customs I put all 21 in my tank. NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN.

I have a Leopard Wrasse and I believe they may like nudis :(

exee
09-18-2007, 01:13 AM
I saw on the J&L new and noteworthy page that they have those nudis in stock right now.

http://www.jlaquatics.com/static/livestock/noteworthy.htm

Jason McK
09-18-2007, 01:45 AM
OK maybe I should have made the post title

"Looking for Copper Banded Butterfly that is a know Aptasia eater"

LOL

Thanks for the help all but I have tried almost everything and would like to get a CBB anyway.

J