PDA

View Full Version : Tank manuals

michika
09-15-2007, 08:28 PM
There has recently been a few posts about having a manual for tank sitters. Can anyone who has one, or is making one, chime in on a few important points to include?

mark
09-16-2007, 01:22 AM
Might be nice if someone posted theirs and them other could modify as required.

Chaloupa
09-16-2007, 01:34 AM
I just did one...basically I did a couple of pages per tank....listed normal temperatures, put pictures of each fish in the tank so a head count could be done daily, I have instructions on making RO/DI water in great detail, things to watch for, scraping the glass etc....I also gave instructions on who to call as I had 4 reefers ready to help....plus I gave instructions on food preparation and things to do if she ran out....I had several containers in the freezer prepared for her to thaw out every other day.....it was easy....I know Cprowler did one for his wife that is MUCH more in depth. Probably one of the easiest and best thing I had heard of...I was able to rest easy!

fishface
09-16-2007, 02:54 AM
i would think that if the person doesn't have a tank themselves to know what to look for, that a "manual" might be a little overkill. i would make it no more than 1 page, in bold letters, quadruple spaced to just make sure the basics are covered...like water in the tank and food for the fish a few times a week.

IMO...

Pan
09-16-2007, 04:06 AM
i would think that if the person doesn't have a tank themselves to know what to look for, that a "manual" might be a little overkill. i would make it no more than 1 page, in bold letters, quadruple spaced to just make sure the basics are covered...like water in the tank and food for the fish a few times a week.

IMO...
I think a lot would depend on how long you are away, how sophisticated your setup is and the brain power of your friends.

Chaloupa
09-16-2007, 05:59 AM
I think a lot would depend on how long you are away, how sophisticated your setup is and the brain power of your friends.

I agree....then if there is an issue...she/he will notice and call a reef friend